The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why isn't the Burka banned?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Dragon5555
Could...if...just like one could kill with a crucifix that is blunt and made of steel. How many times have these incidients you talk of happened? ....rarely if any 😆

I genuinely have no idea what the **** you're chatting about. Mind rereading what I wrote and replying in English?
Showing your face in public should not be banned. What sort of sick and paranoid society bans things which cause other people no harm because they could be used to cause problems.

Brits really have lost that drive to stand up for freedom I think.
Original post by Dheorl
I genuinely have no idea what the **** you're chatting about. Mind rereading what I wrote and replying in English?

Bonjour you boro bottoy.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by Dragon5555
Bonjour you boro bottoy.

Jesus trolls these days are getting more pathetic by the hour.
Reply 84
that's like banning gloves because you might commit a crime and not leave fingerprints.
stupid
banning burkas would do nothing but incite more hatred? there's no link to women who wear burkas being more violent or criminally active that women who don't.
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
Showing your face in public should not be banned. What sort of sick and paranoid society bans things which cause other people no harm because they could be used to cause problems.

Brits really have lost that drive to stand up for freedom I think.

Apparently it's not freedom if an individual wears what they desire.

In niqaab terms it's called being 'opressed' 😂
Reply 86
Original post by moonkatt
I've never seen anyone wearing a burka in Britain.

A niqab or a hijab yeah, but not a burka.

Do you live in the countryside? You only need to walk along Oxford Street in London for one.....
Original post by MiszShortee786
Apparently it's not freedom if an individual wears what they desire.

In niqaab terms it's called being 'opressed' 😂

A woman can wear a niqaab and be completely free.

If a woman is prevented from wearing the veil she is being oppressed by atheists.
Original post by ukrj
Agreed. It easier to find the culprit if the face is not hidden from view and this is why We must fight the face coverings irrespective of what the Saudi Wahabbi loony propaganda.

We can't really fight the beliefs of another culture, regardless of how loony and propagandist they may appear to some of us. Far more sensible to fight crime, the perpetration of most of which neither requires, nor uses, a face covering.
Reply 89
Original post by FairySparkleGirl
We can't really fight the beliefs of another culture, regardless of how loony and propagandist they may appear to some of us. Far more sensible to fight crime, the perpetration of most of which neither requires, nor uses, a face covering.

We don't have to fight anything. We simply do not accept it.
Look, this alien concept is being foisted upon us and I for one do not think it is OK.
Most of it is innocent enough, but among them are some unsavoury characters who are looking to push us into sharia law and do it through baby steps. We must be wise and not cave in to these foreign concepts which have nothing to do with actual religion.
I'm not in favor of banning the burka just cuz I'm not practicing that religion. I get the reason why for security purposes like going on an airplane or something but it kind of takes the right to self expression if not. Some people think women wearing burkas is oppression therefore it should be banned. Maybe it is but wearing bikinis could be seen as oppression too. If a woman wants to wear little clothes as possible or show the least amount of skin as possible I don't think there should be a law to control how the amount of skin that can be shown.
(edited 6 years ago)
A lot of international students and some of my friends wear black surgical masks that cover everything up to their eye, will you want that banned aswell?
Reply 92
Original post by unexpecteduk
A lot of international students and some of my friends wear black surgical masks that cover everything up to their eye, will you want that banned aswell?

this thread is old but feel free to join the recent burka related thread directly above this in the forum. see here
this one's now closed. :cool:

Latest