Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it lazy to use premade sauces? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I brought some black beans to make black bean sauce. My mother put them somewhere and forgot where she put them. I brought some black bean sauce with red peppers from Tesco, my mother recently found my black beans. I feel lazy for buying the sauce as I was going to make it myself..

Is it lazy to buy sauces from stories instead of making it yourself?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    It depends entirely on how difficult and expensive it is to make, and how much better the results stand to be. Nobody's going to make tomato ketchup or sweet chilli sauce at home because the results aren't that much better for the level of cost and effort involved, while something like a tomato sauce for pasta is easy to get better than a jar of Dolmio and costs less per serving too. A good BBQ sauce can take a lot of.time and effort but be way better than anything you can buy in a shop, so it comes down to what you value more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.