The Student Room Group

is it weird that i wave at people when they cross the road while im in the car

is it weird that i wave at people when they cross or when they are walking past while im driving in my car
I get some strange looks and im not sure why is this normal and does anybody else do this

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
how? i thought this was fairly normal
yes its very strange
Original post by joewilson1
is it weird that i wave at people when they cross or when they are walking past while im driving in my car
I get some strange looks and im not sure why is this normal and does anybody else do this

Usually drivers wave to people crossing the street as a sign as "You can cross, I'll wait" and people will wave back as a sign of "Thanks".

If you mean that you just wave to anyone walking past your car, hey doesn't matter! Some people just aren't used to others being happy and waving at them :tongue: Wouldn't say it's weird in either scenario I mentioned anyway.
is it weird that i wave my willy at people when they cross or when they are walking past?

Yes it is weird.

No I dont do it.

I put my hand up like a wave to say thank you when I cross the road. So I guess you could say you are waving to indicate that said purpose can cross the road.

You do you :biggrin:
It's sweet.
Little weird tbh.
A lil wave is normally something to do when you stop to let somebody across at an awkward bit. If you're doing it at any other time it's gonna look a little weird but do it if you want m8. It's not like they're gonna remember you
Thats nothing, i used to blow kisses at people when travelling. thought it was fun at first as i was a kid but i continued to do it into adulthood and did it once when on holiday in pakistan... I'll just leave it there. never did it again after that! :lolwut:
It's weird but why not? You're spreading a little bit of happiness :smile:.
You're distracting yourself and creating a potentially confusing situation if a pedestrian thinks a wave is a signal they can cross.

It's great that you want to spread a little happiness, maybe stick to when you're walking along the pavement :-)
Original post by TooNocturnal
Usually drivers wave to people crossing the street as a sign as "You can cross, I'll wait" and people will wave back as a sign of "Thanks".

If you mean that you just wave to anyone walking past your car, hey doesn't matter! Some people just aren't used to others being happy and waving at them :tongue: Wouldn't say it's weird in either scenario I mentioned anyway.

yeah i just mean when im in the car generally just waving at people :smile:
Original post by SuperHuman98
I put my hand up like a wave to say thank you when I cross the road. So I guess you could say you are waving to indicate that said purpose can cross the road.

You do you :biggrin:

yeah i just mean like waving at people when im driving i do get some dodgey looks
Original post by TheAlchemistress
It's sweet.

i do agree but certain users think i am weird :frown:
Original post by King Leonidas
Little weird tbh.

i do get some strange looks i thought it was normal and is what most people do
Original post by Retired_Messiah
A lil wave is normally something to do when you stop to let somebody across at an awkward bit. If you're doing it at any other time it's gonna look a little weird but do it if you want m8. It's not like they're gonna remember you

yeah that is true
Original post by MyFightSong
Thats nothing, i used to blow kisses at people when travelling. thought it was fun at first as i was a kid but i continued to do it into adulthood and did it once when on holiday in pakistan... I'll just leave it there. never did it again after that! :lolwut:

ahahahaa the less said about that the better :smile:
Original post by Duncan2012
You're distracting yourself and creating a potentially confusing situation if a pedestrian thinks a wave is a signal they can cross.

It's great that you want to spread a little happiness, maybe stick to when you're walking along the pavement :-)

what is the worst that could happen if i was to confuse a pedestrain
i just see it as a chance to show my personality
Yes it's weird but nothing compared to what I've done. I used to welcome people on the bus and offer them nibbles.

Quick Reply

Latest