Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is it weird that i wave at people when they cross the road while im in the car Watch

ReputationRep:
    is it weird that i wave at people when they cross or when they are walking past while im driving in my car
    I get some strange looks and im not sure why is this normal and does anybody else do this
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    yes
    how? i thought this was fairly normal

ReputationRep:
    yes its very strange

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joewilson1)
    is it weird that i wave at people when they cross or when they are walking past while im driving in my car
    I get some strange looks and im not sure why is this normal and does anybody else do this
    Usually drivers wave to people crossing the street as a sign as "You can cross, I'll wait" and people will wave back as a sign of "Thanks".

If you mean that you just wave to anyone walking past your car, hey doesn't matter! Some people just aren't used to others being happy and waving at them Wouldn't say it's weird in either scenario I mentioned anyway.

is it weird that i wave my willy at people when they cross or when they are walking past?

Yes it is weird.

No I dont do it.

ReputationRep:
      I put my hand up like a wave to say thank you when I cross the road. So I guess you could say you are waving to indicate that said purpose can cross the road.

You do you

ReputationRep:
      It's sweet.

ReputationRep:
      Little weird tbh.

ReputationRep:
      A lil wave is normally something to do when you stop to let somebody across at an awkward bit. If you're doing it at any other time it's gonna look a little weird but do it if you want m8. It's not like they're gonna remember you

ReputationRep:
      Thats nothing, i used to blow kisses at people when travelling. thought it was fun at first as i was a kid but i continued to do it into adulthood and did it once when on holiday in pakistan... I'll just leave it there. never did it again after that! :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
      It's weird but why not? You're spreading a little bit of happiness .

ReputationRep:
      You're distracting yourself and creating a potentially confusing situation if a pedestrian thinks a wave is a signal they can cross.

It's great that you want to spread a little happiness, maybe stick to when you're walking along the pavement :-)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TooNocturnal)
      Usually drivers wave to people crossing the street as a sign as "You can cross, I'll wait" and people will wave back as a sign of "Thanks".

If you mean that you just wave to anyone walking past your car, hey doesn't matter! Some people just aren't used to others being happy and waving at them Wouldn't say it's weird in either scenario I mentioned anyway.
      yeah i just mean when im in the car generally just waving at people

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SuperHuman98)
      I put my hand up like a wave to say thank you when I cross the road. So I guess you could say you are waving to indicate that said purpose can cross the road.

You do you
      yeah i just mean like waving at people when im driving i do get some dodgey looks

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TheAlchemistress)
      It's sweet.
      i do agree but certain users think i am weird

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by King Leonidas)
      Little weird tbh.
      i do get some strange looks i thought it was normal and is what most people do

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
      A lil wave is normally something to do when you stop to let somebody across at an awkward bit. If you're doing it at any other time it's gonna look a little weird but do it if you want m8. It's not like they're gonna remember you
      yeah that is true

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MyFightSong)
      Thats nothing, i used to blow kisses at people when travelling. thought it was fun at first as i was a kid but i continued to do it into adulthood and did it once when on holiday in pakistan... I'll just leave it there. never did it again after that! :lolwut:
      ahahahaa the less said about that the better

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Duncan2012)
      You're distracting yourself and creating a potentially confusing situation if a pedestrian thinks a wave is a signal they can cross.

It's great that you want to spread a little happiness, maybe stick to when you're walking along the pavement :-)
      what is the worst that could happen if i was to confuse a pedestrain
      i just see it as a chance to show my personality

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.