Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long do you wait to talk to your partner if an argument is happened or one is feeling hurt and ignored ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I can't really say for sure, but so long as you are both less angry and you feel like you won't say something that you may regret. Words can't really be taken back. Talk it out and try to convey how you both feel and work towards betterment. Relationships take time and arguments are inevitable but it's how you go on about life after that matters. Talk it out calmly, listen and respond. Your relationship is unique to others, and sometimes there is never a right answer. Be prepared to compromise and sort things out, while remembering to not give up too much of what you want. It's a subtle balance I think. I hope this helps somewhat and good luck

ReputationRep:
    If you had a fairly serious argument I'd give it a few hours so both parties can cool off a bit and then have a rational discussion, and if there are any aspects of the relationship you're not happy with, it's better to speak about it sooner rather than later.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what it is and how the argument happened, ie face to face, text. If its text, leave it for a few hours as the above poster has said. If face to face, resolve it ASAP

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.