Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My ex keeps calling me abusive! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've just recently split up with my ex girlfriend (we are both girls) and a few months ago when we went out for a night out and we was quite drunk we was locked outside the house until about half past 8 in the morning. We was both cold and annoyed.

We started arguing and I got a bit over the top and did things I shouldn't have, and I pushed her around a bit etc.

I have never done anything since and I constantly regret that one thing I did. I've always treated her right and we got on really well. We moved on from it but now and just before we split up and we had an argument, she was call me abusive. Now we are still friends and I'm moving out today and I have anxiety at the moment and I said I was scared. Another argument broke out and she called me abusive again. I just can't take it anymore. When we just split up that night I ran to ththe bathroom crying and through the door she called me abusive again. I couldn't take it anymore and I punched the door and cut all of my hand. I then ran out of the house because she threatened me with her mum.

I just can't take it anymore, I have suffered abuse from my brother and now I have to move back in with my mum and him. I am not an abuser, and it really hurts me being called it because I deeply regret that one thing I did and I already aplologised countless times.

I have gotten to the point where I have self harmed for the first time and I repeatedly punched myself in the face and I now have a massive bruise to punish myself for being 'abusive'. I just can't take it anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Well pushing her around IS abusive - plenty of abusers regret their behaviour after the fact. What happened, happened. All you can do now is try and change yourself for the better - get some therapy and deal with your anger management issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    Well pushing her around IS abusive - plenty of abusers regret their behaviour after the fact. What happened, happened. All you can do now is try and change yourself for the better - get some therapy and deal with your anger management issues.
    I know it is, it's the fact she kept saying it over and over again months later, just to upset me. That's mental abuse.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like an *******. Don't listen to what other people say about you if you don't think you're abusive yourself. Abusive is someone who does it constantly.

They seem to be the more abusive one here (verbally). If you keep getting affected by them it just eggs them on. Ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    You were abusive.
    She clearly is still angry about it
    It sounds as if you have some anger problems too
    This may or may not stem from the fact you say you too have suffered abuse
    For your own sake seek some help to deal with it all and move on
    She will deal with it herself in her own way
    There’s not much you can do about what she’s saying, especially as it’s the truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foxy011)
    I know it is, it's the fact she kept saying it over and over again months later, just to upset me. That's mental abuse.
    Well it's a pretty serious thing. I wouldn't be totally over it in a couple of months later. I'd guess she keeps bringing it up because it's still in her mind and she's struggling to move on not purely to upset you. This is assault - it's not a 'lets say sorry and then we never need to mention it again' thing. You guys just need to go your separate ways and both give each other time and space to deal with this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.