Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've been filling in the student finance and on the parent part I said we were estranged which we are. They now want that proof via a social worker etc. I don't need a social worker so how can I get through that part of the application?*
    Can anyone help me please
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by xxamygeexx)
    Hi

I've been filling in the student finance and on the parent part I said we were estranged which we are. They now want that proof via a social worker etc. I don't need a social worker so how can I get through that part of the application?*
    Can anyone help me please
    A professional that's aware of your circumstances like a teacher or doctor writing a letter is something they might accept

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    A professional that's aware of your circumstances like a teacher or doctor writing a letter is something they might accept
    My siblings know and friends but in 24 years old and it says my social worker or someone but I don't need a social worker so I'm not sure what to do
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    My siblings know and friends but in 24 years old and it says my social worker or someone but I don't need a social worker so I'm not sure what to do
    My husband got a teacher who knew him to do his estrangement letter, but have you worked or claimed benefits for three years you might get independent status that way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    My husband got a teacher who knew him to do his estrangement letter, but have you worked or claimed benefits for three years you might get independent status that way?
    Hi I have worked for past 3 years up until few month ago. I've never claimed any benefits either
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hi I have worked for past 3 years up until few month ago. I've never claimed any benefits either
    If you can prove those three years then you might be able to claim independence that way.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.