Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried any herbal supplements for preventing migraines with aura?? Maybe something from holland and barret like feverfew and preventa migraine? I currently take b complex and b12 vitamins, but not sure if they're working. Pls send help, migraines aren't fun :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I just carry Ibuprofen everywhere I go, easier to lessen the effects of a migraine than trying to prevent them altogether.

ReputationRep:
    Hi - I was getting a migraine once a week lasting three days but then did an elimination diet. I was sure I didn't have a food intolerance but this proved otherwise. I discovered that dairy and potatoes are big triggers for me. I'd tried leaving out dairy on its own before but it didn't stop the migraines because I had other triggers. Now I'm really careful about avoiding those things and it's not that difficult. My migraines are nothing like as bad and I can mostly deal with them using Sumatriptan which my GP prescribes and which don't give me any problematic side effects. Good luck. I know how horrible it can be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
    I just carry Ibuprofen everywhere I go, easier to lessen the effects of a migraine than trying to prevent them altogether.
    But i'm trying to prevent the aura as well and ibuprofen just stops the actual migraine, that i'm aware off..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFRose)
    Hi - I was getting a migraine once a week lasting three days but then did an elimination diet. I was sure I didn't have a food intolerance but this proved otherwise. I discovered that dairy and potatoes are big triggers for me. I'd tried leaving out dairy on its own before but it didn't stop the migraines because I had other triggers. Now I'm really careful about avoiding those things and it's not that difficult. My migraines are nothing like as bad and I can mostly deal with them using Sumatriptan which my GP prescribes and which don't give me any problematic side effects. Good luck. I know how horrible it can be!
    Thank you, I've heard that dairy is a trigger but i don't think it is for me as I would get them a lot around christmas time with all the chocolate lol, and I don't really have milk or cheese that often anyway. I avoid caffeine as i think that might be a trigger but I've also hads them when I haven't had any caffeine. Do you get the aura stage before the migraine as well? My actual migraine headache isn't too bad.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.