Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

[GHOULISH THREAD] Scare AngryJellyfish in 150 words or less! Watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    With a couple of weeks to go until Halloween, I need something to get me into the mood. And so I challenge you, people of TSR: scare me here, using 150 words or less. :fangs: Whoever does the best job will win a rep boost from one of the braver members of the CT. :afraid:

Obviously, all replies need to be within the site rules, but anything else goes.

(Credit to furryface12 for the idea :five: )
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You're being demoted from Section Leader :devil:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    We have a winner already. One minute into the competition and six words used. Good job
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    UWS is demoting you from section leader!

ReputationRep:
    Boo!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    It was inevitable. :moon:

(Original post by Shabby33)
    UWS is demoting you from section leader!
    Nice try. :noway:

(Original post by minertommy)
    Boo!
    :afraid:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Come on, I'm mildly startled at best. :yawn: You can do better.

ReputationRep:
    They're doing another 5 Twilight movies!

ReputationRep:
    McDonald's has gone bankrupt.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    “We need to train fishermen so we can get some value from this unused biomass.” While some diners may still feel squeamish at the prospect of tucking into the gelatinous sea creatures, it sounds like Italy, at least, is ready for that jelly.

thanks to the Grauniad :teehee:

http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7089/...f6b4e84bc5.jpg
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knightoflogic)
    They're doing another 5 Twilight movies!
    Haven't watched the first ones.

(Original post by Knightoflogic)
    McDonald's has gone bankrupt.
    Their nearest outlet is about two hours away from my house.

(Original post by Juno)
    :rofl:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    “We need to train fishermen so we can get some value from this unused biomass.” While some diners may still feel squeamish at the prospect of tucking into the gelatinous sea creatures, it sounds like Italy, at least, is ready for that jelly.

thanks to the Grauniad :teehee:

http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7089/...f6b4e84bc5.jpg
    Okay, now we're getting there. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

As a kid I was close with my parents. Sometimes I feel like I'm back in those days. The waves are crashing, I'm laughing, I'm running towards them. Dad assures Mum it's okay. I jump in the water; it's so cold. I do my best impression of a front crawl. Dad pulls me out. But he's not mad, not really. They're never mad. We get fish and chips. Man, I can taste them. We look out on the horizon. There's so much to experience out there.

I'll write a best-selling book, naturally. I'll marry the most beautiful woman and we'll live in a massive house. I'll have a Ferrari. We'll go everywhere, Japan, America, Spain.

I smile. "Thanks for the chips, Dad,", I say. He frowns. He starts to walk away. Mum stops him.

"I'm sorry, this is very common with your father's condition. I'm sure he'd rather you stayed."
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Anime is cancelled. All of it. Forever.

ReputationRep:
    "Global jellyfish populations have been steadily growing in recent years,driven by rising ocean temperatures, pollution and overfishing....

Now, one Israeli startup thinks it’s found a solution to tackling these swelling populations – biodegradable diapers and female hygiene products made out of jellyfish. "

thanks again to the Grauniad :teehee:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by math42)
    Spoiler:
    Show

As a kid I was close with my parents. Sometimes I feel like I'm back in those days. The waves are crashing, I'm laughing, I'm running towards them. Dad assures Mum it's okay. I jump in the water; it's so cold. I do my best impression of a front crawl. Dad pulls me out. But he's not mad, not really. They're never mad. We get fish and chips. Man, I can taste them. We look out on the horizon. There's so much to experience out there.

I'll write a best-selling book, naturally. I'll marry the most beautiful woman and we'll live in a massive house. I'll have a Ferrari. We'll go everywhere, Japan, America, Spain.

I smile. "Thanks for the chips, Dad,", I say. He frowns. He starts to walk away. Mum stops him.

"I'm sorry, this is very common with your father's condition. I'm sure he'd rather you stayed."

Cheers, I was starting to wonder whether I'd accidentally set the word limit to 15. :p:

(Original post by Kindred)
    Anime is cancelled. All of it. Forever.
    Name:  image.png
Views: 51
Size:  234.0 KB

(Original post by the bear)
    "Global jellyfish populations have been steadily growing in recent years,driven by rising ocean temperatures, pollution and overfishing....

Now, one Israeli startup thinks it’s found a solution to tackling these swelling populations – biodegradable diapers and female hygiene products made out of jellyfish. "

thanks again to the Grauniad :teehee:
    ...that's actually pretty ingenious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Cheers, I was starting to wonder whether I'd accidentally set the word limit to 15. :p:

Name:  image.png
Views: 51
Size:  234.0 KB

...that's actually pretty ingenious.
    here is the link:

http://www.capitalnano.com/portfolio/cineal
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by math42)
    Spoiler:
    Show

This is weirdly creepy :erm: too tired to even work it out but sent a chill down me, so thanks

More like the one above, please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    This is weirdly creepy :erm: too tired to even work it out but sent a chill down me, so thanks

More like the one above, please!
    The intention was that the speaker is suffering from dementia. His "mother" is the nurse, while his "father" is actually his son who is visiting him. But it is left slightly ambiguous.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.