Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in studying Game Development at university, however there are very few highly rated universities and no Russell Group universities that offer this course, and are preferably in London.

Would anyone know how much my choice of university will affect my chance of employment, especially going into the game development industry?

Or even better if anyone knows any really good universities with relatively high entry requirements which offer an undergraduate game development course, preferably in London?

Sorry for the long-winded question >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by librasaur)
    I'm interested in studying Game Development at university, however there are very few highly rated universities and no Russell Group universities that offer this course, and are preferably in London.

Would anyone know how much my choice of university will affect my chance of employment, especially going into the game development industry?

Or even better if anyone knows any really good universities with relatively high entry requirements which offer an undergraduate game development course, preferably in London?

Sorry for the long-winded question >.<
    Can't see why it has to be a highly rated university to offer you chances of employment (It's your qualifications and work experience that give you your chance) Honestly as long as the university is rated well enough that that are known for teaching students well (Check Student Review websites so you can get honest opinions from the (ex-) students of that course/Uni.)

Example: https://www.whatuni.com

I can't really offer any suggestions for London universities as I've never lived nor looked there, however Bradford ("Graphics for Games" / "Games design and development") and Huddersfield have good Game Design/Development courses with a work placement year (Just using them as an example. I know both are quite far away from London). Sure plenty of other universities in the UK would be the same :P. Broadening your search may improve your chances but that's up to you, or maybe you'll find another uni in London
    Good luck with your search
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.