Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, a bit of a strange question here.

I've been given permission by my UCAS co-ordinator to email university admissions / fill in relevant forms to do with extenuating circumstances which I went through at GCSE. My main worry is that because it's coming from me (even though my school has given me the "go ahead" to do it), the universities will put it on the "reject" pile.

For context, I'm applying to Durham with 3A* predicted for politics and got 7 As and 3 Bs at GCSE.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billion_IG)
    Hi all, a bit of a strange question here.

I've been given permission by my UCAS co-ordinator to email university admissions / fill in relevant forms to do with extenuating circumstances which I went through at GCSE. My main worry is that because it's coming from me (even though my school has given me the "go ahead" to do it), the universities will put it on the "reject" pile.

For context, I'm applying to Durham with 3A* predicted for politics and got 7 As and 3 Bs at GCSE.
    https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/...apply/process/
    Mitigating circumstances during the completion of previous qualifications/examinations
    Applicants who are applying to us and who have experienced mitigating circumstances during qualifications/examinations already achieved which they have been unable to report to examination boards should let us know this via their referee who should include either in the reference or in writing separately:
    - What the mitigating circumstances were;
    - The effect this had upon the applicant’s work;
    - Why it was not possible to report the mitigating circumstances to the examination boards.

We are unable to take account of mitigating circumstances for a second time. If your circumstances have been taken into account by the examination board(s), we will not normally be able to consider your mitigating circumstances as part of our admissions process.
    Don't email Durham yourself - your reference should be explaining this.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.