Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've been filling in the student finance and on the parent part I said we were estranged which we are. They now want that proof via a social worker etc. I don't need a social worker I'm 24 so how can I get through that part of the application?*
    Thank you Amy
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxamygeexx)
    Hi

I've been filling in the student finance and on the parent part I said we were estranged which we are. They now want that proof via a social worker etc. I don't need a social worker I'm 24 so how can I get through that part of the application?*
    Thank you Amy
    What do you mean by estranged?

Are you still living at home?

To be considered for 'independent status' you must provide proof that you have supported yourself for 36 months and can show you have earned enough over that period to be financially independent.

There are several other qualifying circumstances that will classify you as independent. The attached link below, gives comprehensive information regarding classification, the assessment process and what you need to prove:

http://standalone.org.uk/guides/student-guide/

(Original post by uberteknik)
    What do you mean by estranged?

Are you still living at home?

To be considered for 'independent status' you must provide proof that you have supported yourself for 36 months and can show you have earned enough over that period to be financially independent.

This guide tells you how the assessment is made and what you need to prove:

http://standalone.org.uk/guides/student-guide/
    Meaning I don't live or speak to them . I am living with my sister

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.