Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I applied to:

- Oxford
    - Imperial
    - UCL
    - Bristol
    - Imperial (Biochemistry)

I'm wondering what unis are known for slow/fast in requesting you attend an interview?

Does anyone have a time frame from previous years? I sent off my application on the 10th October and all universities have 'acknowledged' my application. When can I expect interview request/rejections ?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Ferreira)
    I applied to:

- Oxford
    - Imperial
    - UCL
    - Bristol
    - Imperial (Biochemistry)

I'm wondering what unis are known for slow/fast in requesting you attend an interview?

Does anyone have a time frame from previous years? I sent off my application on the 10th October and all universities have 'acknowledged' my application. When can I expect interview request/rejections ?

Thanks
    Usually invitations to interview happen by the end of November. Applications cant be considered until Pearson send out UKCAT results, and the BMAT has been sat by everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleexhunt)
    Usually invitations to interview happen by the end of November. Applications cant be considered until Pearson send out UKCAT results, and the BMAT has been sat by everyone.
    When do UKCAT results get sent out? Also, when can I expect an offer/rejection from Imperial for Biochem (no BMAT required).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Ferreira)
    When do UKCAT results get sent out? Also, when can I expect an offer/rejection from Imperial for Biochem (no BMAT required).
    I think they send the UKCAT results around the 7.11.17. For imperial, im not sure about when they send offers- I applied there for medical biosciences as my 5th choice and got an email this morning saying its been forwarded to the department for consideration, and they will reach a decision by the end of March. Hope that helps

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.