Are you then same person you were when you were 16? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If not, then how? If so, then how?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    In terms of my life, no.
    Back then I was a high school / sixth form college kid who lived with her mother.
    Now I'm a married mother of 4 who runs her own business and writes books.

In terms of experiences, no.
    I have far more life experiences now. I've formed many more opinions about things based on experiences I have been through, and some things I believed at 16 are no longer valid.

In terms of my interests, yes.
    I still like rock music, role playing, The Sims, travelling, cinema, similar sorts of TV programmes, astrology, and so on.

I don't feel OLDER in my mind, but I feel as though I am a bit wiser.
    I still make huge mistakes, but they're not the same mistakes I made when I was 16. I make mistakes relevant to my life now. The mistakes I made at 16 I've learned from, but life just finds a way of throwing new things at me to **** up with!

That pretty much sums up growing older. It's just a way of making new mistakes that you didn't encounter when you were younger. It's not really about age.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi1243)
    I'm quite different to 5 years ago (i'm 22 now), i m much more confident in myself, i've moved out and gotten married in that time so i've grown up a fair bit, i m much more assertive and less of a pushover. I m much less of a pessimist but that's down to very supportive people in my life rather than just me.
    I guess I'm still as helpful as I used to be and still like similar music and still own more checked shirts than is really necessary.

ReputationRep:
    if youre do same person when you were 16 and you're 19+ then youre doing something wrong

ReputationRep:
    In just the past month, I've changed. Years would definitely see a lot of change.

ReputationRep:
    17:

Spoiler:
    Show

23:

Spoiler:
    Show

30:

Spoiler:
    Show

For better or worse, to anyone who hasn't met me in the intervening years I'd be borderline-unrecognisable.

ReputationRep:
    well I'm still 16 till Dec....so yes?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    17:

Spoiler:
    Show

23:

Spoiler:
    Show

30:

Spoiler:
    Show

For better or worse, to anyone who hasn't met me in the intervening years I'd be borderline-unrecognisable.
    Wow, that's for sure a drastic change. I like it though

ReputationRep:
    17:

Spoiler:
    Show

23:

Spoiler:
    Show

30:

Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Wow, that's for sure a drastic change. I like it though
    Me too. Isn't he just so incredibly handsome? :love:

ReputationRep:
    No, I am 3 years older..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi1243)

The body replaces itself with a largely new set of cells every 7 years to 10 years

given that more than 10 years have passed since I was 16 .... I would say no, I am not the same person
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    No. Ever since my visit to the Nevada desert, I've had hallucinations. In particular, I see octopus tentacles at night. I developed a sunburn rash on one side of my face and my bottom is constantly sore. My skin has started to develop reddish circles my pee sometimes looks like deep blue ink - especially in the dark. This has made me very wary of visiting SeaWorld, which I loved as a teenager. So no, I don't think I am the same person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    No. Ever since my visit to the Nevada desert, I've had hallucinations. In particular, I see octopus tentacles at night. I developed a sunburn rash on one side of my face and my bottom is constantly sore. This has made me very wary of visiting SeaWorld, which I loved as a teenager. So no, I don't think I am the same person.
    :teehee:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm much happier nowadays, I'm more confident in myself etc. Definitely not the same person
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I am 16 so yeah
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    17:

Spoiler:
    Show

23:

Spoiler:
    Show

30:

Spoiler:
    Show

That baby is absolutely darling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabbathemuttdog)
    That baby is absolutely darling.
    Half-nephew. (The eyes are something of a family calling-card.)

ReputationRep:
    I'm 14.

ReputationRep:
    Thirteen years later you still look like Mick Hucknall.

Also I believe I recognise the other person in one of the middle photos. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    My music taste just gets better and better each year. That's what has changed😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.