Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thinking about moving to England as a secular young person I need advice Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm 17 years old who is highly interested in Computer Science, Math and Evolutionary Biology person that currently live in the Turkey. After I've finished high school here, I don't want to study university in the Turkey, Because I'm having some political and religious problems here, culturally it is unsuitable for me and as an atheist person they don't like atheists here that's why I won't be able to share my opinions.

I'm writing these things because you should understand my situation before making suggestions for me.

I want to be successful computer programmer and I'm improving myself as much as possible on this topic. Unfortunately, I don't have enough money to study in an Anglosphere country I can't afford that. I can pay yearly max. €3000-4000 for the tuition fees. That's why I've been making researchment about universities in the Poland for a long time and I've decided to prefer Wrocław University of Science and Technology.

After I got my Computer Science degree in Poland I'll try to gain some experiences in Poland. Then I'll try to apply Tier-2 visa or I don't know as a programmer which way would be best for me to getting residence in the UK ?

I've decided on England because it is a Christian country but society is a secular (more secular than Americans) quite much non-religious people live in the UK and history, culture makes me excited. Also in the UK weather is proper for me I love rainy days and small houses, streets seem really lovely to me.

I think England might be a good choice for me I can contribute that society but I don't know with polish degree can I find a software company for the Tier-2 visa. I need your suggestions for me, right now I'm making plans for my future.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProgrammerC)
    Hello,

I'm 17 years old who is highly interested in Computer Science, Math and Evolutionary Biology person that currently live in the Turkey. After I've finished high school here, I don't want to study university in the Turkey, Because I'm having some political and religious problems here, culturally it is unsuitable for me and as an atheist person they don't like atheists here that's why I won't be able to share my opinions.

I'm writing these things because you should understand my situation before making suggestions for me.

I want to be successful computer programmer and I'm improving myself as much as possible on this topic. Unfortunately, I don't have enough money to study in an Anglosphere country I can't afford that. I can pay yearly max. €3000-4000 for the tuition fees. That's why I've been making researchment about universities in the Poland for a long time and I've decided to prefer Wrocław University of Science and Technology.

After I got my Computer Science degree in Poland I'll try to gain some experiences in Poland. Then I'll try to apply Tier-2 visa or I don't know as a programmer which way would be best for me to getting residence in the UK ?

I've decided on England because it is a Christian country but society is a secular (more secular than Americans) quite much non-religious people live in the UK and history, culture makes me excited. Also in the UK weather is proper for me I love rainy days and small houses, streets seem really lovely to me.

I think England might be a good choice for me I can contribute that society but I don't know with polish degree can I find a software company for the Tier-2 visa. I need your suggestions for me, right now I'm making plans for my future.

Thanks.
    I can't give you advice on your money situations, as a lot of university courses can be around £9,250 a year and tuition fee student loans I think are only available to UK or EU students (Is Turkey in the EU? Googling it wasn't too precise on the matter) Anyway, there are a very good amount of courses available throughout the UK, including England which would be able to further your education in computer Science, as long as you can afford the tuition fees and living costs (I know it can cost a lot sadly).

As for England in general, I'd say it's very multi-religion now instead of a "Christian country" And it's very common to find a lot are Athiests/Agnostic so no issue for you on that matter either! Sorry I can't really give any certain answers for you as money can be an issue and I don't know if Turkey is in the EU or not so not sure if you'd be eligible for student loans in the UK. Either way, maybe you could work in Poland while studying and save some money frequently for studying in England afterwards?

Either way, good luck in your studies!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooNocturnal)
    I can't give you advice on your money situations, as a lot of university courses can be around £9,250 a year and tuition fee student loans I think are only available to UK or EU students (Is Turkey in the EU? Googling it wasn't too precise on the matter) Anyway, there are a very good amount of courses available throughout the UK, including England which would be able to further your education in computer Science, as long as you can afford the tuition fees and living costs (I know it can cost a lot sadly).

As for England in general, I'd say it's very multi-religion now instead of a "Christian country" And it's very common to find a lot are Athiests/Agnostic so no issue for you on that matter either! Sorry I can't really give any certain answers for you as money can be an issue and I don't know if Turkey is in the EU or not so not sure if you'd be eligible for student loans in the UK. Either way, maybe you could work in Poland while studying and save some money frequently for studying in England afterwards?

Either way, good luck in your studies!

Thank you very much for your precious opinions for me. Turkey is not in the EU and with that government it is impossible also I don't think Turkey is a proper country for the EU.

Unfortunately, there is no way I can study my BS in the UK or in another Anglosphere country. I can't afford to pay minimum $20-30K or even $10-15K for the tuition fees.

So, studying in the Eastern European countries would be best for me. I'm curious about after I got my CS degree in the Poland and with some work experience, how can I settle down in the England as a computer programmer ? Tier-2 seems best for me but I wonder any other way for me ? Or experiences ?

Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your precious opinions for me. Turkey is not in the EU and with that government it is impossible also I don't think Turkey is a proper country for the EU.

Unfortunately, there is no way I can study my BS in the UK or in another Anglosphere country. I can't afford to pay minimum $20-30K or even $10-15K for the tuition fees.

So, studying in the Eastern European countries would be best for me. I'm curious about after I got my CS degree in the Poland and with some work experience, how can I settle down in the England as a computer programmer ? Tier-2 seems best for me but I wonder any other way for me ? Or experiences ?

Thanks a lot.
    Ah right! Sorry I originally misunderstood your OP!
    I'd say with a good Computer Science qualification you could have a good chance of a job in the industry. I agree you will want to hold some sort of work experience too to give you the edge over the competition going for the same job. I'm still studying myself (Not computer science, but a related industry) so I can't give any 1st hand experience on the matter, only knowledge in how it works in general in the UK
    If your educational institute offers any chance to get work experience abroad at any time, even for only a few months, try for work experience in England, as you may also make good contacts who you can get ahold of when looking for a job after completing your studies. Also simply job searching for your job role in the UK could show good results when the time comes.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

have you finished computer science in Poland or are you currently looking to study in Poland?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TooNocturnal)
      Ah right! Sorry I originally misunderstood your OP!
      I'd say with a good Computer Science qualification you could have a good chance of a job in the industry. I agree you will want to hold some sort of work experience too to give you the edge over the competition going for the same job. I'm still studying myself (Not computer science, but a related industry) so I can't give any 1st hand experience on the matter, only knowledge in how it works in general in the UK
      If your educational institute offers any chance to get work experience abroad at any time, even for only a few months, try for work experience in England, as you may also make good contacts who you can get ahold of when looking for a job after completing your studies. Also simply job searching for your job role in the UK could show good results when the time comes.
      Yes, it sounds great. At least after my graduation if I find a an international company in the Poland then maybe I can be able to get a change to work in the England. This might be possible with Tier-2 intra company transfer visa.

Thanks again.

(Original post by Blackstarr)
      have you finished computer science in Poland or are you currently looking to study in Poland?
      No, I haven't started yet, currently I'm studying 12th grade. A few years later I'll be started. I'm just making plans right now.

Yes, it sounds great. At least after my graduation if I find a an international company in the Poland then maybe I can be able to get a change to work in the England. This might be possible with Tier-2 intra company transfer visa.

Thanks again.

No, I haven't started yet, currently I'm studying 12th grade. A few years later I'll be started. I'm just making plans right now.

Good for you

ReputationRep:
        Any other suggestions, experiences for me ?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
        I think that in most countries in Europe people come from different religious backgrounds, plus with globalization and migration, people are getting more tolerant. So for sure, being an atheist will not be of any problem in England!
        For your studies, I dont really have any suggestions because I m pretty sure that all undergraduate courses in the UK are 9250 pounds per year. however, you could be eligible for a scholarship if you are a very good student..
        I think you should definitely look into other countries, which might offer courses in English for a lot less money! I know that education (uni) in Germany for ex is close to free.. and i know for sure that they offer some courses in English.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.