Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Compelling personal reasons help / success stories Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Long story about what's happened- I went to university to do Zoology and halfway through my second year I took an interruption basically because I wasn't sure whether this degree was right for me and wanted to consider changing degree but also I had some anxiety - once I left I kind of found out that my anxiety was over issues I had with my knee and have since had surgery to correct these issues (I obviously have medical evidence for this). I have realised that I want to change course to veterinary nursing but because I'd done 1.5 years of zoology I thought i may as well return to finish my 2nd year to gain a diploma before starting my veterinary nursing degree. The way funding allocation works is length of new course (4 years) + 1 minus length of previous study (2 years) so I knew that I'd only get funding for 3/4 years of my new degree which is fine. However I found out recently that they've counted the interruption as a year of study (so ridiculous I know but it's true) so that I'll only be funded 2/4 years now which I can't afford.

SO I'm applying for compelling personal reasons to discount the interruption as a previous years study which I don't think is unreasonable as I'm not actually asking for another years funding as obviously whilst on interruption I didn't get funding. Or should I maybe ask and see if I can get all years funded too? The only trouble with that is that they might reject that but reject the discounting of the interruption year as well... also most cpr applications are due to having to repeat a year because of these reasons- has anyone had a similar experience to me with regards to changing course and using cpr?
    Or has anyone had any success with cpr regardless of circumstances?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.