Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I graduated this summer with a 2ii at 59.1% and I am currently taking some time out and looking at master's courses for the future. The majority of the ones I am looking into require a 2i in order to be considered or accept lower grades with relevant work/voluntary experience. I have a little bit of experience in the areas I am applying for but I am wondering if it is worth mentioning that other institutions may have rounded my grade up to a 2i? I'm sure the references I acquire from my old uni will be good but they won't matter if I can't even apply. Any advice is appreciated
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    It might be a good idea to email each uni and see how strict the 2.1 requirement is. I was admitted to a Masters course with a 2.2 (and a lower average than yours at that!) because of extenuating circumstances and a stellar reference that backed up my academic ability.

Was there any particular reason behind your getting a 2.2, if that's not too intrusive to ask?
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.