Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I'm a mature student studying myself for Edexcel international A-level Biology. I think I'll be doing the new 2015 syllabus exams. Can anyone recommend me the best study book I could use? The practicals will be the hardest part, because in international A-level Biology you just take a written exam for them. So any recommendations on study material or books for those would be very appreciated too!

I'd already been studying for 2 years for the old Edexcel A-level Biology 2008 syllabus, but for various reasons couldn't take the exams. I'm not exactly starting from scratch. But the syllabus has changed, so some of the material may be different, different order etc. and to get a higher mark (I'd like to aim for A or B) I need to go deeper than just revision notes. I'm also studying using the Khan Academy biology course. It's not Edexcel syllabus, but it does go into a lot of detail and from what I can tell seems to cover all the material (and a lot more besides). If anyone could recommend a good course book for Edexcel AS and A-level Biology, I'd be very grateful.

These seem to be good (although I'm not sure what the "B" in "Biology B" refers to):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Bio...YFS6K39PB7MHJ0

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Bio...GNB12NZKAJ8DW1

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.