Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just finished my english exam, and I am infuriated! Watch

ReputationRep:
    English is my second language. I did the Cambridge IGCSE English (Extended) and I still fell into the same problem as I did on my midyear exams, I didn't finish it!

When I reached the last page It was about valuing science and giving my views "whether or not we should study science" I only had 5 minutes left! 5 minutes to write this !

I'm a fast writer but a slow thinker, I managed to write how science saves people lives and how we can cope with animals in life threatening situations. But for against science I believe I wrote the worst thing I've ever wrote in my entire life "Art and maths are way more important than science" that's it.. that was my argument against science.. I had no time and couldn't think of anything against science and boom there goes stupidity.

I backed it up by saying "however many large amount of student disagreed and believed that science is a major subject for human's to have and can help people become more nutritious in their daily lives.

Should I be worried? I still have a listening test this Thursday which I'm confident on getting those high scores, I do not want to get C on english again over my absurd time issues
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadyy)
    English is my second language. I did the Cambridge IGCSE English (Extended) and I still fell into the same problem as I did on my midyear exams, I didn't finish it!

When I reached the last page It was about valuing science and giving my views "whether or not we should study science" I only had 5 minutes left! 5 minutes to write this !

I'm a fast writer but a slow thinker, I managed to write how science saves people lives and how we can cope with animals in life threatening situations. But for against science I believe I wrote the worst thing I've ever wrote in my entire life "Art and maths are way more important than science" that's it.. that was my argument against science.. I had no time and couldn't think of anything against science and boom there goes stupidity.

I backed it up by saying "however many large amount of student disagreed and believed that science is a major subject for human's to have and can help people become more nutritious in their daily lives.

Should I be worried? I still have a listening test this Thursday which I'm confident on getting those high scores, I do not want to get C on english again over my absurd time issues
    :console:

Our exam reflections are never accurate pictures of our performance really because your mind does strange things in a high-pressured environment.:sadnod:

Timing does sound like an issue for you though (thinking about the future here). Maybe think about working on that.

Particularly if the longer questions are at the back of the exam, you might want to consider doing these first?:dontknow:

MR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    :console:

Our exam reflections are never accurate pictures of our performance really because your mind does strange things in a high-pressured environment.:sadnod:

Timing does sound like an issue for you though (thinking about the future here). Maybe think about working on that.

Particularly if the longer questions are at the back of the exam, you might want to consider doing these first?:dontknow:

MR
    Great idea! I should have done that :ashamed2:
    Thank you for your reply! It means alot to me :five:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadyy)
    Great idea! I should have done that :ashamed2:
    Thank you for your reply! It means alot to me :five:
    No problem.:hat2:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.