Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cambian Group Interview Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hiya

I have been offered a interview as a Administrator for a school. I have no experience with children with learning disabilities and was wondering if anyone has any tips.

Although as an administrator I won't be working direct with them in the email they have listed a few questions that may need answering and I'm not sure on where to start.

What kind of relationship/attitude do you think you need for the role? What do you think is appropriate/inappropriate.

Your likely to be asked circumstantial questions (What would you do in this situation)

What sort of situations might I be faced with??

Any info/help/opinions would be great thank yoouu x
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a job description to look at?
    Have a look at a few examples below if you don't.
    Example 1 (Nursery)
    Example 2 (School)
    Example 3 (Primary school)

Notice how they require a lot of communication and organisation skills.

(Original post by han_nah95)
    What kind of relationship/attitude do you think you need for the role? What do you think is appropriate/inappropriate.
    Use the job descriptions above to get an idea on what sort of things you'll be done i.e. greeting parents/pupils/visitors, answering the phone, data entry, etc...

Then match these things to actual skills such as verbal communication, working under pressure and time management to name a few.

Here are some more soft skills that you could use, pick the ones that could be applicable to the role.
    https://www.wikijob.co.uk/content/in...es/soft-skills

(Original post by han_nah95)
    Your likely to be asked circumstantial questions (What would you do in this situation)
    What sort of situations might I be faced with??
    Most likely to do with handling data, files, visitors, pupil absences etc...

I suggest doing research on what questions are likely to appear. Link is below, it looks very useful.
    https://schoolleaders.thekeysupport....administrator/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.