han_nah95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hiya

I have been offered a interview as a Administrator for a school. I have no experience with children with learning disabilities and was wondering if anyone has any tips.

Although as an administrator I won't be working direct with them in the email they have listed a few questions that may need answering and I'm not sure on where to start.

What kind of relationship/attitude do you think you need for the role? What do you think is appropriate/inappropriate.

Your likely to be asked circumstantial questions (What would you do in this situation)

What sort of situations might I be faced with??

Any info/help/opinions would be great thank yoouu x
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you have a job description to look at?
Have a look at a few examples below if you don't.
Example 1 (Nursery)
Example 2 (School)
Example 3 (Primary school)

Notice how they require a lot of communication and organisation skills.

(Original post by han_nah95)
What kind of relationship/attitude do you think you need for the role? What do you think is appropriate/inappropriate.
Use the job descriptions above to get an idea on what sort of things you'll be done i.e. greeting parents/pupils/visitors, answering the phone, data entry, etc...

Then match these things to actual skills such as verbal communication, working under pressure and time management to name a few.

Here are some more soft skills that you could use, pick the ones that could be applicable to the role.
https://www.wikijob.co.uk/content/in...es/soft-skills

(Original post by han_nah95)
Your likely to be asked circumstantial questions (What would you do in this situation)
What sort of situations might I be faced with??
Most likely to do with handling data, files, visitors, pupil absences etc...

I suggest doing research on what questions are likely to appear. Link is below, it looks very useful.
https://schoolleaders.thekeysupport....administrator/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.81%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed