Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have no confidence to meek new friends and none of my old friends speak to me anymore.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomm98)
    I have no confidence to meek new friends and none of my old friends speak to me anymore.
    You can be my friend if you like
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry I'm sure you will find new friends, you just need to muster some confidence from somewhere to approach people. Maybe join a club, or similar, to find people likeminded to you?

i know how you feel, i sometimes feel the same.

I feel like i have outgrown my old friendship group to the point we hardly speak anymore.

you are definitely not alone

ReputationRep:
      here are some tips to find some friends:

Find a course around your area that you like and meet people with the same interests. For example, if you liked reading look for a book meetup or something similar.

Volunteer for a charity or someplace close to you, you will find people and will get to know people better.

Try to find people that have similar feelings to yourself. For example, if you are lonely try to find another lonely person, you will most likely get along really well because both of you know the hardship of feeling lonely.

This tip is more for mental health: Exercise, this releases chemicals that make you feel a lot more awake, better and alive.

Good luck. I finished college this year and my only friends are 2 people I talk to on facebook a bit. (Also some new ones where I volunteer.)

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.