The Student Room Group

MPhil in Economics Research in Cambridge - 2018 entry

Hi,

I intend to apply to the MPhil in Economics Research in Cambridge for 2018 entry.

I hold a masters degree in economics (55%) and bachelor degree in economics (70%) from University of Delhi. Currently, I work at the IMF as a Research Officer (1 year), prior to which I was at the Indian central bank (3 years). I am interested in Macroeconomics and International Economics, but I am not applying to PhD this year due to personal reasons.

My GRE score is 162 in quant and 159 in verbal. I plan to take the GRE again to improve my chances of admission and funding. Can someone please evaluate my profile for the above course? Many thanks!
Original post by Nitya A
Hi,

I intend to apply to the MPhil in Economics Research in Cambridge for 2018 entry.

I hold a masters degree in economics (55%) and bachelor degree in economics (70%) from University of Delhi. Currently, I work at the IMF as a Research Officer (1 year), prior to which I was at the Indian central bank (3 years). I am interested in Macroeconomics and International Economics, but I am not applying to PhD this year due to personal reasons.

My GRE score is 162 in quant and 159 in verbal. I plan to take the GRE again to improve my chances of admission and funding. Can someone please evaluate my profile for the above course? Many thanks!

P(getting an offer | info you just provide) approx= 0.
MPhil in Economics Research is a really competitive course. I don't know the quality of teaching in India and the grade conversion but if you're not quite good enough for the course, Cambridge will ask you to do a Advanced Diploma in Economics. If you do well in that course, they will give you a place for MPhil in Economics Research. Not sure if funding is available for Advanced Diploma in Economics but you definitely can get funding with MPhil in Economics Research.

Quick Reply

Latest