Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My predicted GCSE grades at the end of year 11 are only level 6s and 7s but I want to achieve level 8s and 9s. What do I do?

ReputationRep:
    work...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bxarnca)
    My predicted GCSE grades at the end of year 11 are only level 6s and 7s but I want to achieve level 8s and 9s. What do I do?
    Study well! Predicted grades should never limit your ability! They might suggest that you're not working at grade 8 or 9 level yet, so you need to put in a little more. But it doesn't mean it's over. I know people who were predicted 5s and 6s who got 8s and 9s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bxarnca)
    Predictors don't Matter much, they are based on pure data on how other people do, become the anomaly and work harder and you'll easily get 8s and 9s. I got a predictor that i would only get a C in GCSE German by my teacher at the start of the course but at the end I got an A* and showed my teacher of how capable i was. My advice: get an Asian parent who nags you to acheive better even if you get 8s or 9s, they want 100% and all the bonus marks etc. lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same situation. I'm predicted mainly 6 and 7's but I wanna achieve all 9's if possible. It's a bit too ambitious but this week was assessment week and for some of my subjects which I have been trying extra hard in and doing extra revision the results have shown how hard Ive worked and Ive gone up a grade from 5 to 6 so in the first few weeks of school Ive already made progress. baring in mind I'm in yr10

Basically, do revision, practise papers, go to any boosters your school offers and work hard.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you start revision at March/April. In this revision period your grades should go up by 1 or 2 so yes you can achieve all 8's and 9's.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.