The Student Room Group

Some help// advice is needed!!

Long story short I am really good at physics but sh*t at maths (no it not exaggerated) I seem to click and understand what to do even in the maths part. But when it comes to maths alone I struggle badly I have some strong areas such as Trig and algebra but everything else is down the drain.

But to carry it on in A-level I need a 6 in maths but since I am foundation the max can get to 4.
HAS ANYONE GOT ADVICE ON HOW TO GO UP GRADES IN MATHS? OR HOW TO REVISE? - REALLY NEED IT ONLY HAVE UNDER 10 MONTHS TILL GCSES'S
Original post by JustSomeRandomer
Long story short I am really good at physics but sh*t at maths (no it not exaggerated) I seem to click and understand what to do even in the maths part. But when it comes to maths alone I struggle badly I have some strong areas such as Trig and algebra but everything else is down the drain.

But to carry it on in A-level I need a 6 in maths but since I am foundation the max can get to 4.
HAS ANYONE GOT ADVICE ON HOW TO GO UP GRADES IN MATHS? OR HOW TO REVISE? - REALLY NEED IT ONLY HAVE UNDER 10 MONTHS TILL GCSES'S

In my school if you could show you can do the higher paper fairly well, you could get your parent(s) to come in and tell the teacher or whoever is in charge of you to make you sit the higher paper.
But the hard part is to do well, maths for me is easy because it doesnt require talent, imo, it requires practice and lots of it. Just do tons of practice, past papers and if your finished with that do other exam boards or solomon papers and you'll get your grade up easily. And talk to your maths teacher if they are quiet friendly.
First off talk to your teacher or the head of math about the foundation. No matter what you do if you do a foundation gcse you can't get a 6. Try to persuade them to put you in for a higher maths GCSE. I would do this by improving in class a lot and doing past papers and showing them that you have improved. (Ideally, do higher maths papers so that they know you are serious about doing higher maths.)

Revision tips:

Do a past paper. (Higher)

Mark the past paper and see what you have failed at.

Revise the thing you have failed.

Do another past paper and see if you have improved.

Repeat until out of past papers.

Then just answer lots of questions out of the textbooks.
Original post by monkeyman0121
First off talk to your teacher or the head of math about the foundation. No matter what you do if you do a foundation gcse you can't get a 6. Try to persuade them to put you in for a higher maths GCSE. I would do this by improving in class a lot and doing past papers and showing them that you have improved. (Ideally, do higher maths papers so that they know you are serious about doing higher maths.)

Revision tips:

Do a past paper. (Higher)

Mark the past paper and see what you have failed at.

Revise the thing you have failed.

Do another past paper and see if you have improved.

Repeat until out of past papers.

Then just answer lots of questions out of the textbooks.

Ok thank you

Quick Reply

Latest