Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I do a level geography economics and chemistry. What will I be able to do in the future with these a levels?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Well, what do you want to do? There are loads of subjects you can study at university with these.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haarithiop)
    Well, what do you want to do? There are loads of subjects you can study at university with these.
    Like what? I can’t find anything good that doesn’t require maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece.W.J)
    I do a level geography economics and chemistry. What will I be able to do in the future with these a levels?
    you should have thought before picking your subjects , however you could go for a much generic route eg. apprenterships

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece.W.J)
    You could take any of the 3 subjects listed above (Economics will be a bit trickier, many require maths)

You could do Law, History (in places that don't require history) Psychology, Sociology, some Science courses that only require one science, etc.

ReputationRep:
    You can go for a Geography degree. They like Economics as a subject and Chemistry is also pretty useful for it.

Economics you're severely limited in opportunities as a lot of russel group unis ask for an A. And since it's a hugely mathematical degree you have to question whether it's worth doing considering you didn't take maths and you might not enjoy the maths.

Chemistry you can also do the subject as Geography is a useful subject. Chemistry isn't that competitive and you can get into a russel group uni with lower grades. I have loads of friends applying to Econ/Maths/Physics and Chemistry. Chemistry generally has lower grade requirements by 1-2 grades from those. Nearly all top 10 unis require A*AA for these 3 or an extra paper, yet for Chemistry a top 10 uni can have AAB or AAA.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.