Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GYG's: The Trials and Tribulations of Tasha's A-Levels Watch

ReputationRep:

It can't get much worse than Yr 12...

Hi everyone! As you can tell from the title my AS year didn't go that well, my greatest skill is procrastionation and I put far to little effort into last year. This blog is my attempt to motivate myself to study.

As well as my academic progress this blog will hopefully document my journey to study medicine. I'm not your typical medicine applicant, I don't have 10 A*'s, or tons of fancy work experience, but I'm passionate abut medicine and I'm going to try my hardest to succeed.
    (As this is a GYG's not a medicine blog I won't be talking too much about medicine but if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them)

My GCSE Results
    English Lang: B
    English Lit: A
    Biology: A
    Chemistry: A
    Physics: A
    Maths: A*
    Further Maths: A
    RS short course: B
    Music: A
    History: B
    French: A

My AS Results
    Chemistry: E
    Biology: C
    Maths: B

Exam Boards
    OCR Chemistry A
    OCR Biology A
    AQA Maths

I did take Further Maths at AS level but you don't receive a grade until you have sat all of your maths exams.

My aims for this blog:
    As this blog is intended to keep me accountable to my study I have the following aims
    • On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I will post brief updates about what I've achieved in terms of homework and study since my last update
    • I will post all test scores and further work I've done if any tests go badly
    • Talk a bit about balancing academics, Grade 8 violin and having a social life

So expect something at least every M, W, Th and feel free to shout at me if I don't post!

(If you want to be notified when I post an update let me know and I'll figure out how the other blogs are doing it)

Tasha X

ReputationRep:
    Ver Proud, Much Revision

ReputationRep:
    This year will be a new leaf for you! Follow your passion and the rest will proceed.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tthripps)

It can't get much worse than Yr 12...

Hi everyone! As you can tell from the title my AS year didn't go that well, my greatest skill is procrastionation and I put far to little effort into last year. This blog is my attempt to motivate myself to study.

As well as my academic progress this blog will hopefully document my journey to study medicine. I'm not your typical medicine applicant, I don't have 10 A*'s, or tons of fancy work experience, but I'm passionate abut medicine and I'm going to try my hardest to succeed.
    (As this is a GYG's not a medicine blog I won't be talking too much about medicine but if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them)

My GCSE Results
    English Lang: B
    English Lit: A
    Biology: A
    Chemistry: A
    Physics: A
    Maths: A*
    Further Maths: A
    RS short course: B
    Music: A
    History: B
    French: A

My AS Results
    Chemistry: E
    Biology: C
    Maths: B

Exam Boards
    OCR Chemistry A
    OCR Biology A
    AQA Maths

I did take Further Maths at AS level but you don't receive a grade until you have sat all of your maths exams.

My aims for this blog:
    As this blog is intended to keep me accountable to my study I have the following aims
    • On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I will post brief updates about what I've achieved in terms of homework and study since my last update
    • I will post all test scores and further work I've done if any tests go badly
    • Talk a bit about balancing academics, Grade 8 violin and having a social life

So expect something at least every M, W, Th and feel free to shout at me if I don't post!

(If you want to be notified when I post an update let me know and I'll figure out how the other blogs are doing it)

Tasha X
    Good luck for this year! Do you know where you're going to apply to uni? :excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Good luck for this year! Do you know where you're going to apply to uni? :excited:
    I’ve applied to Liverpool, Manchester, Exeter and Southampton

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure this year will be a lot better, remember that the only way is up from now on and use that as your motivation I wasn't very happy with my a levels either but there's no point in dwelling on that, just focus on what you can do to make it better from now on
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see how this progresses, I have all the faith you'll do amazingly! (Also tag me in updates?)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.