Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can some one give me a {A/A*} 8/9 answer to how a meander is formed? Please anyone thankyou xx

ReputationRep:
    i could, but i won't. it'll be a hindrance in the long run. honestly, learn to do it yourself. you want an a/a* answer? well, to get to that standard, you really do need to put the effort in yourself, rather than asking others to do work for you. i don't mean any offense by this, i just think you should have a go on your own
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by townson)
    i could, but i won't. it'll be a hindrance in the long run. honestly, learn to do it yourself. you want an a/a* answer? well, to get to that standard, you really do need to put the effort in yourself, rather than asking others to do work for you. i don't mean any offense by this, i just think you should have a go on your own
    You are actually so pathetic like grow up and give the kid the answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxanniaxox)
    Can some one give me a {A/A*} 8/9 answer to how a meander is formed? Please anyone thankyou xx
    Uh I don’t have a clue about what board you’re in and I think having xx at the end is kind of ....gay but this **** I’m gonna say is more than a A*

How a meander is formed
    In the middle course the river has more energy and a high volume of water. The gradient here is gentle and lateral (sideways) erosion has widened the river channel. The river channel has also deepened. A larger river channel means there is less friction, so the water flows faster: As the river erodes laterally, to the right side then the left side, it forms large bends, and then horseshoe-like loops called meanders. The formation of meanders is due to both deposition and erosion and meanders gradually migrate downstream. The force of the water erodes and undercuts the river bank on the outside of the bend where water flow has most energy due to decreased friction. On the inside of the bend, where the river flow is slower, material is deposited, as there is more friction. Over time the horseshoe become tighter, until the ends become very close together. As the river breaks through, eg during a flood when the river has a higher discharge and more energy, and the ends join, the loop is cut-off from the main channel.(ox-box) lake.

Remember a A* pupils main mistake is to spit out everything they know about meanders, so remember only mention how a meander is made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muqadim)
    You are actually so pathetic like grow up and give the kid the answer
    i apologise. i can assure you that i do not need to, as you said, 'grow up'. yet, i will apologise to you, as i appear to have given you some misconceptions about myself. yeah, i'm pathetic, but what you additionally said, no.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by townson)
    i apologise. i can assure you that i do not need to, as you said, 'grow up'. yet, i will apologise to you, as i appear to have given you some
    misconceptions about myself. yeah, i'm pathetic, but what you additionally said, no.

I don’t remember saying what I said to you and why am I in this group chat..... who’s using my account

ReputationRep:
    I don’t remember saying what I said to you and why am I in this group chat..... who’s using my account
    "You are actually so pathetic like grow up and give the kid the answer"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdexcelAreIdiots)
    "You are actually so pathetic like grow up and give the kid the answer"
    WHy you so rude mate?

ReputationRep:
    WHy you so rude mate?
    I was quoting you...

ReputationRep:
    The river flows fastest on the outside bend and has more energy. This erodes the outside bank of the river channel through hydraulic action and abrasion creating a river cliff. Secondly, slow moving water on the inside bends deposits material creating a river beach. This changes the course of the river narrowing the neck of the meander. Finally, often during a flood the river will cut through the neck of the meander and will continue in the new bed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.