The Student Room Group

UCAS 5 choices

I wanna send at UCAS off this week but i'm still a bit undecided about which uni to put for my last choice. My predicted grades are ABB and so far I've got for definite:
Leeds (ABB)
Liverpool (ABB)
UEA (BBB)
Bristol (AAB)

for my last choice i'm stuck between;
sheffield (ABB + epq)
Newcastle (ABB)
Liverpool John Moores (BBC)

obviously John Moores is a lot lower entry requirements but i like Sheffield and Newcastle better. Should i just go for that one so i have another lower choice? also i haven't looked round the actual unis this is just from looking at the course.
Reply 1
i guess it depends if you wouldnt goto john moores then theres no point putting it down
What course are you applying for?
Once applied you can substitute courses. After I got my Liverpool offer I substituted keele, which was supposed to be my safe option, for a more risky choice as I'd rather my insurance to be Liverpool than keele!
Reply 3
Original post by Maya2000
What course are you applying for?
Once applied you can substitute courses. After I got my Liverpool offer I substituted keele, which was supposed to be my safe option, for a more risky choice as I'd rather my insurance to be Liverpool than keele!

i'm applying for chemistry! what do you mean by substitute? :smile:
Original post by ells100
I wanna send at UCAS off this week but i'm still a bit undecided about which uni to put for my last choice. My predicted grades are ABB and so far I've got for definite:
Leeds (ABB)
Liverpool (ABB)
UEA (BBB)
Bristol (AAB)

sheffield (ABB + epq)
Newcastle (ABB)

obviously John Moores is a lot lower entry requirements but i like Sheffield and Newcastle better. Should i just go for that one so i have another lower choice? also i haven't looked round the actual unis this is just from looking at the course.
In an ideal scenario of you getting conditional offers from all 4 of your current universities, which do you think would be your firm? Bristol?

PS I've moved your thread into this sub-forum so that you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.:wink:
I’d pick another Solid option like Newcastle - ABB or Sheffield (use travel distance and area to sum these two up). UEA - BBB is a safe option.

But, if you want to play it a bit more safer - Go for john moores but if you dont like it dont put it on.

EDIT: fixing
(edited 6 years ago)
There's only any point putting down a uni choice that you would be prepared to attend. So if you prefer Newcastle and Sheffield, put one of those down.
Original post by ells100
Leeds (ABB)
Liverpool (ABB)
UEA (BBB)
Bristol (AAB)

sheffield (ABB + epq)
Newcastle (ABB)

You don't have to add your choices at once :smile: So you can add the 4 you want now, and then choose whether you want /need a lower offer as an option or one more on the higher side any time up to January 15th iirc.
Reply 8
Original post by 04MR17
In an ideal scenario of you getting conditional offers from all 4 of your current universities, which do you think would be your firm? Bristol?

PS I've moved your thread into this sub-forum so that you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.:wink:

Ah thank you!!! No actually Leeds will be my first choice hopefully
Original post by ells100
Ah thank you!!! No actually Leeds will be my first choice hopefully
Okay, so if you put Leeds as your first choice Liverpool and Bristol (and Sheffield and Newcastle) go out of the window right? That leaves you with UEA which gives you a safety net of 1 grade sounds a bit risky don't you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending