Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing chem, economics and maths.
    Would I be able to do chemical engineering in uni?
    like instead of physics I did economics, would that put me at a disadvantage??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilywoww!)
    It's very unlikely that you would be accepted without A-level Physics. Most unis specify Physics as a mandatory subject for any engineering courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gil9103)
    It's very unlikely that you would be accepted without A-level Physics. Most unis specify Physics as a mandatory subject for any engineering courses.
    I understand however some don't require it? like imperial for example?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilywoww!)
    Phyics would have been nice to see in your list of subjects, certainly better than Economics for Engineering (doesnt really matter which discipline). The offers I got this year, 2 needed physics (Warwick and Cambridge), 1 wanted chem (UCL), 1 wanted both (Imperial College) and the other wanted either physics or chem (Loughborough). If you do well and pick your universities well you should be fine, but Imperial and the like could well be out of reach I fear because of the lack of physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    Phyics would have been nice to see in your list of subjects, certainly better than Economics for Engineering (doesnt really matter which discipline). The offers I got this year, 2 needed physics (Warwick and Cambridge), 1 wanted chem (UCL), 1 wanted both (Imperial College) and the other wanted either physics or chem (Loughborough). If you do well and pick your universities well you should be fine, but Imperial and the like could well be out of reach I fear because of the lack of physics.
    Oh okay thank you! so I may not be able to do it then? not even a chance ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.