Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is my task:
    Write a narrative from Hyde's perspective (i.e. 1st person) in which you recount your own version of the incident of trampling the girl. Remember that Hyde is intelligent but clearly has a different perspective on morality and crime. Think about this carefully; language is particularly important here as you should convey Hyde's attitude and character through his style of speech/thought.
    Please could anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    i'd love something like this in my paper lmao. one thing you should remember is that jekyll and hyde are the same person; so maybe lapse into jekyll's personna occassionally, if possible. however in general, hyde is emotionless and showed little remorse when trampling over the girl- i believe the account would be rather cold in manner, hyde in the novel spoke in rather short snippy sentences but writing an account using only short sentences would mean the structure would be very repetitive.

his thoughts are likely to be ones of distaste, particularly when there's a crowd around the girl.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much ! So what could the opening sentence/ sentences be ?
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    i'd love something like this in my paper lmao. one thing you should remember is that jekyll and hyde are the same person; so maybe lapse into jekyll's personna occassionally, if possible. however in general, hyde is emotionless and showed little remorse when trampling over the girl- i believe the account would be rather cold in manner, hyde in the novel spoke in rather short snippy sentences but writing an account using only short sentences would mean the structure would be very repetitive.

his thoughts are likely to be ones of distaste, particularly when there's a crowd around the girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erin01x)
    Thank you so much ! So what could the opening sentence/ sentences be ?
    "i was minding my own business today when a silly little girl got in my way..." i honestly have no idea holy crap and i'm targetted an a in english ugh
    you could also use something like "i'm currently finding people very..."; maybe hyde could be complaining about human nature eg the fact that there was a crowd of people around the girl, who were concerned may annoy him. one thing to remember is tthat hyde is described with animalistic features at some points, so while he does show intelligence i do not believe he always fully understands human nature.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, that’s a great idea!
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    "i was minding my own business today when a silly little girl got in my way..." i honestly have no idea holy crap and i'm targetted an a in english ugh
    you could also use something like "i'm currently finding people very..."; maybe hyde could be complaining about human nature eg the fact that there was a crowd of people around the girl, who were concerned may annoy him. one thing to remember is tthat hyde is described with animalistic features at some points, so while he does show intelligence i do not believe he always fully understands human nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erin01x)
    Thank you, that’s a great idea!
    no problem, good luck with the task!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.