Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have started a sub diploma at Wiltshire college and I have got an advanced learner loan to cover tuition fees. I applied for this online but I can't seem to find how u apply for a maintenance loan ??? I have a gov student account but there is no mention of how to apply for help with maintenance. The calculator on the site said that I was entitled to it also... please can anyone help me!!??
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junglistiqdj)
    I have started a sub diploma at Wiltshire college and I have got an advanced learner loan to cover tuition fees. I applied for this online but I can't seem to find how u apply for a maintenance loan ??? I have a gov student account but there is no mention of how to apply for help with maintenance. The calculator on the site said that I was entitled to it also... please can anyone help me!!??
    There might be a bursary from the college. But student finance don't offer maintenance loans for level 3 courses.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    As above, you don't. Whatever calculator told you that is mistaken.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Junglistiqdj,

You would not be entitled to any maintenance support with your advanced learning loan.

You may apply to get money from the Loan Bursary Fund after you've received your loan approval.

The money can help pay for things like:
    • Accommodation and travel
    • Course materials and equipment
    • Childcare
    • Classroom assistance for a disability or learning difficulty - once you’re assessed by your college or training provider

This is something you need apply to your college or training provider, each one will have its own application process. How much the customer can get depends on the provider’s scheme and your circumstances.

I hope this helps

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.