Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR bullying me over ADBLOCK Watch

ReputationRep:
    It keeps asking me to buy an ad removal pass. It's so annoying : <

ReputationRep:
    Just disable adblock for this site specifically. Normally it is as easy as right-clicking the app.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyman0121)
    Just disable adblock for this site specifically. Normally it is as easy as right-clicking the app.
    And get even more ads? No thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Then you get ads lol

ReputationRep:
    This is page number # 14 you have viewed without ads this month

Like **** off.

ReputationRep:
    You can have your adblock block the purple popup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Constricter)

Like **** off.
    See my Visitor msgs for a solution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel)
    Then you get ads lol
    What is wrong with a few ads on a site you like to visit. You are supporting the site by allowing ads to be shown and it is not too much of a bother.

The only 'sort of' ad that annoys me is the one that comes up in the middle of the screen sometimes. I would just simply ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    Block the banner using html. Not paying a penny to this website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Who ever you are where ever you are...... follow me.
    I’m invisible and I’m standing right in front of you

ReputationRep:
    If you're using AdBlock, then when you get the banner just click the icon and use "Block an add on this page"

What is wrong with a few ads on a site you like to visit. You are supporting the site by allowing ads to be shown and it is not too much of a bother.

The only 'sort of' ad that annoys me is the one that comes up in the middle of the screen sometimes. I would just simply ignore them.
      Security, privacy, slowing down the page hugely, data caps, etc.

Edit: To expand:

-Security:
      --Ads are managed by third-parties. Not TSR, who merely host them. There are many instances of where major websites accidentally hosted malicious ads.

-Privacy
      --Some ads track you. But mainly, ad-blocks also block some scripts etc. that mine your data - on this webpage alone I see scripts from krxd.net, google.com, hm732.com, indexww.com, emn0.com, scorecardresearch.com, doubleclick.net, adsensecustomsearchads.com, w55c.net, dynamicyield.com

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ciel.)
      (Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel)
      Then you get ads lol
      (Original post by Ice Constricter)

Like **** off.
      (Original post by Muqadim)
      https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...776&highlight= Click that, do as it says, problem solved.

ReputationRep:

I hate ads. That's what's wrong with it. I can't ignore them, they drive me crazy.
      (Original post by Muqadim)
      Excuse moi?

ReputationRep:
      I would happily whitelist TSR if their ads weren't so goddamn intrusive and annoying and didn't make my motherfudging browser crash every single time!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
      Security, privacy, slowing down the page hugely, data caps, etc.
      The only way that it slows down the page hugely is if you have a really bad device, and I mean a really bad device.

The security and privacy are hardly bad. Just by using the internet these things are worse off even with adblocker.

Data caps are a good argument, I have read they can use up quite a lot of data.
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by zeldor711)
      If you're using AdBlock, then when you get the banner just click the icon and use "Block an add on this page"
      Done it! You're a genius - thank you very much, seems to have solved it.

Sorry TSR, I am not tolerating rubbish like those annoying pop ups.

ReputationRep:
      The only way that it slows down the page hugely is if you have a really bad device, and I mean a really bad device.

The security and privacy are hardly bad. Just by using the internet these things are worse off even with adblocker.

Data caps are a good argument, I have read they can use up quite a lot of data.
      ‎Chris Newson pls go

ReputationRep:

The ads are intrusive in the extreme. If you're relying on this level of extreme advertisements then you're business model needs to be reworked.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ)
      ‎Chris Newson pls go
      I can imagine him making a public profile and just persuading people to not use adblock.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.