Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

explain why the munich putsch failed Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Help above please! essay due tomorrow :\

ReputationRep:
    Omds this is such an easy question. You can't be trying that hard if u need help with it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanthom100)
    Omds this is such an easy question. You can't be trying that hard if u need help with it...
    I know the content of it just how do i structure it! Its a 12 marker and my lousy teacher doesn't teach me so i teach myself. I know the content inside and out just HOW do i structure it and start it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_ambitious)
    I know the content of it just how do i structure it! Its a 12 marker and my lousy teacher doesn't teach me so i teach myself. I know the content inside and out just HOW do i structure it and start it!
    Hmm its been a while tbh, i have never done a 12 marker. I can't help u there i'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Structure wise, I would make 3/4 detailed chunky paragraphs, with an additional paragraph for the conclusion. Let me know if you need any help with content.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    please help with content!! I have no idea what to write about. my question says I need to talk about the German army and why their lack of support meant the Munich putsch failed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkivarma)
    please help with content!! I have no idea what to write about. my question says I need to talk about the German army and why their lack of support meant the Munich putsch failed.
    How could the nazi party possibly seize power, without the support of the army. As the army was still loyal to the gov't, they very quickly crushed the uprising - meaning the nazis had no hope to begin with. This is very brief because I dont want to give you the answer to your homework but i hope it helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkivarma)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9As3grm87c

Munich Putsch/Beer hall putch=SAME THING
    The Putsch grew out of Hitler's attempt to claim the crisis of 1923. At first, Hitler had prepared his stormtroopers (SS) to help in a Bavarian rebellion. When the Bavarian leaders (Kahr, Lossow and Seisser) threatened to call off the action, Hitler realised that he could not keep the stormtroopers waiting any longer. On the night of 8 Nov 1923 he took over the Beer Hall and forced Kahr, Lossow and Seisser to promise to support him. A triumphal march into Munich was planned on 9 Nov, but the police easily dispersed the Nazis..
    Although the Putsch failed, it - and the trial that followed - turned Hitler into a national hero, and laid the foundation of his future success.
    SUMMARY: Even though it failed, Hitler gained a LOT of popularity. 2 Days later Hitler was put in prison for treason and sentenced to 5 years but served 9 months. In those 9 months, he wrote: "Mein Kamph" which means "My life" and that was his Go-to things he used to dictate Germany. You may think this is irrelevant but the more you know the more examiners think a lot and understand! Hope it helped.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.