This girl is running away from me (literally), how can i stop her? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I have really creeped this girl out, i have had a tough year and for loads of reasons she is now running away from me. Whenever she does this i feel like some social creep, how can i stop her from doing this, should i confront her face to face? Call her or what? I have her number from ages ago.
Helenarems
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have really creeped this girl out, i have had a tough year and for loads of reasons she is now running away from me. Whenever she does this i feel like some social creep, how can i stop her from doing this, should i confront her face to face? Call her or what? I have her number from ages ago.
You'd be more of a "social creep" for stopping her and not accepting her decision to back away. Why don't you trust and respect her judgement instead?! This is a dangerous and unhelpful mindset to be in.
Helenarems
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Helenarems)
You'd be more of a "social creep" for stopping her and not accepting her decision to back away. Why don't you trust and respect her judgement instead?! This is a dangerous and unhelpful mindset to be in.
https://np.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/...rl_i_love_and/

Try reading this for some perspective.
monkeyman0121
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
This makes you look really bad.

I would either:

Talk to one of her friends and tell her that you apologise for looking creepy and explain the reasons why. Tell the friend to tell her.

Talk to the girl, face to face in a busy public area as to not look mega creepy and so that she can't lie about anything. (What I mean is if you meet her somewhere quiet she could easily complain to anyone and say that you are harassing/stalking her or even worse she could get the police involved.)
Anonymous #1
Hmm ok, thats true. Maybe i should just mind my own business, if this gets out of hand i will do something though...
Helenarems
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hmm ok, thats true. Maybe i should just mind my own business, if this gets out of hand i will do something though...
If this gets out of hand you'll DO something!?! You are not entitled to someone's attention or time! Please realise this is an incredibly unhealthy and manipulative way of thinking.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by monkeyman0121)
This makes you look really bad.

I would either:

Talk to one of her friends and tell her that you apologise for looking creepy and explain the reasons why. Tell the friend to tell her.

Talk to the girl, face to face in a busy public area as to not look mega creepy and so that she can't lie about anything. (What I mean is if you meet her somewhere quiet she could easily complain to anyone and say that you are harassing/stalking her or even worse she could get the police involved.)
Hmm, i have already texted her friend a suuper long reason. I got blocked with no reply....
monkeyman0121
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hmm, i have already texted her friend a suuper long reason. I got blocked with no reply....
Either tell one of your friends to talk on your behalf to either her friend or herself.

Or just leave it alone, you don't want to seem even more creepy.
Helenarems
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Please please give up now, she has made it abundantly clear she doesn't want you to contact her. If you can't respect her boundaries then you're going to need help beyond internet strangers.
Anonymous #1
https://np.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/...rl_i_love_and/

Try reading this for some perspective.
Okay, this has made me realise that i should just avoid her completely now...
Helenarems
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Okay, this has made me realise that i should just avoid her completely now...
Nice work OP! If she wants to get in touch then you're fine to resume contact etc, but glad you realised your mistakes! Go you!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (112)
94.92%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (6)
5.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed