Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I have this friend, we revise and do work together. But I feel she is taking advantage of my kindness and lack of confidence. She asks the borrow my book [but I'm too scared to say no] then she photocopies all my homework. what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisemacc01)
    So I have this friend, we revise and do work together. But I feel she is taking advantage of my kindness and lack of confidence. She asks the borrow my book [but I'm too scared to say no] then she photocopies all my homework. what should I do?
    Tell her to P*ss off and do her own work. If she says no - she's using you..
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Learn to say no. You're not doing yourself or her any favours.

ReputationRep:
    headbutt her in the face and tell her to do her own work - i have a friend like that and it's the most irritating thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    "friend"

ReputationRep:
    Give her some example questions to do that you have not done before. Ask her to try to do them and help her through, showing her where she made mistakes and stuff like that. Do not give her your book, just tell her what she has done wrong by comparing her work to yours. Just don't correct her work, try to explain how to do it and she might get it and become less clingy to your work.

ReputationRep:
    This is an example of academic misconduct and at university would result in a disciplinary hearing. Not the sharing, the copying. Tell her to stop copying, and if she doesn't agree, then don't share.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.