Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have this friend, we revise and do work together. But I feel she is taking advantage of my kindness and lack of confidence. She asks the borrow my book [but I'm too scared to say no] then she photocopies all my homework. what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisemacc01)
    So I have this friend, we revise and do work together. But I feel she is taking advantage of my kindness and lack of confidence. She asks the borrow my book [but I'm too scared to say no] then she photocopies all my homework. what should I do?
    Tell her to P*ss off and do her own work. If she says no - she's using you..
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Learn to say no. You're not doing yourself or her any favours.

ReputationRep:
    headbutt her in the face and tell her to do her own work - i have a friend like that and it's the most irritating thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    "friend"

ReputationRep:
    Give her some example questions to do that you have not done before. Ask her to try to do them and help her through, showing her where she made mistakes and stuff like that. Do not give her your book, just tell her what she has done wrong by comparing her work to yours. Just don't correct her work, try to explain how to do it and she might get it and become less clingy to your work.

ReputationRep:
    This is an example of academic misconduct and at university would result in a disciplinary hearing. Not the sharing, the copying. Tell her to stop copying, and if she doesn't agree, then don't share.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.