Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Charity fair (skip to the bottom for the question) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I’m in Year 11 at a state school in the U.K. Every year we have one week called R.A.G week in which we raise money for two charities.
    This year, all year 11s are in group of 4-5 team mates and have to come up with a stall to raise money.
    I have chosen to run a lucky envolpes game in which there are 25 envolpes which all contain sweets, chocolate coins and a small pack of coloured pencils typically. We are using a pot to put the folded up numbers that will be picked at random out of the pot by the pupil. The cost of this is 50p.
    However there are 570 students attending the charity fair ranging from the age of eleven to thirteen.
    My parents have brought a large pot of around 150 lollipops to sell along side to the game as it’s likely to sell out quickly.
    My question is how much would you pay for a standard lollipop?
    I was thinking 10p a lollipop or 3 for 20p.

Thank you for reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musicloverxx)
    Hello, I’m in Year 11 at a state school in the U.K. Every year we have one week called R.A.G week in which we raise money for two charities.
    This year, all year 11s are in group of 4-5 team mates and have to come up with a stall to raise money.
    I have chosen to run a lucky envolpes game in which there are 25 envolpes which all contain sweets, chocolate coins and a small pack of coloured pencils typically. We are using a pot to put the folded up numbers that will be picked at random out of the pot by the pupil. The cost of this is 50p.
    However there are 570 students attending the charity fair ranging from the age of eleven to thirteen.
    My parents have brought a large pot of around 150 lollipops to sell along side to the game as it’s likely to sell out quickly.
    My question is how much would you pay for a standard lollipop?
    I was thinking 10p a lollipop or 3 for 20p.

Thank you for reading
    Hi, that game you came up with sounds really good and original
    I think 10p each is a very fair price, and it would be a good price to test the waters at (if they are selling VERY quickly you might want to consider raising the price- this is from my experience of running school charity events).

Good luck and have fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emzalol)
    Hi, that game you came up with sounds really good and original
    I think 10p each is a very fair price, and it would be a good price to test the waters at (if they are selling VERY quickly you might want to consider raising the price- this is from my experience of running school charity events).

Good luck and have fun

Thank you! First time doing a school charity event so hoping all goes well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.