Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can't seem to find it on the university website.

Also, what do you need to get such an offer?

Please advise,
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    This was for 2017... don't know if it will still be useful for you

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergr...heme-2017.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegalaxy)
    This was for 2017... don't know if it will still be useful for you

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergr...heme-2017.aspx
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply - I saw that but I'm not sure if Economics is doing unconditionals for 2018 hence why I'm still a bit confused.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You don't really need anything different to get an unconditional offer, your application should be equally excellent for all your choices to see. from what I've heard from a lot of people on TSR is that unconditionals are less about skill and more about that university trying to guarantee your money instead of you possibly going somewhere else

ReputationRep:
    Economics is on the list of participating depts for unconditionals 2018 ( https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergr...heme-2018.aspx). If you get one, then that’s great - it does take some pressure off. Its more important to focus on whether you want to go to the uni, and to get the best A levels you can. Future employers will look at your A level grades when hiring, so keep at it. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancmike300)
    Economics is on the list of participating depts for unconditionals 2018 ( https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergr...heme-2018.aspx). If you get one, then that’s great - it does take some pressure off. Its more important to focus on whether you want to go to the uni, and to get the best A levels you can. Future employers will look at your A level grades when hiring, so keep at it. Good luck.
    What do you think the requirements will be for an offer? i.e. Minimum GCSE grades and A Level predictions?

ReputationRep:
    The details are here https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/strateg...al-offers.aspx.

GCSE is 7 As and A*s.
    The A levels required vary depending on the course. I think they generally give them to people who are predicted to exceed the standard offer for the course, and with a minimum of AAA. So if the standard offer was AAA, for an uncond you’d need A*AA, (plus good GCSEs, AS and PS).

ReputationRep:
    I just got one so I guess so.

If you guys have also applied good luck!

(I literally got my reply this evening)

By the way, they have an offer calculator on their website if you weren't aware which can give you an idea of what you might get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StratocasterF50)
    I just got one so I guess so.

If you guys have also applied good luck!

(I literally got my reply this evening)

By the way, they have an offer calculator on their website if you weren't aware which can give you an idea of what you might get.
    what did u get at gcse and what are u predicted if u don't mind me askin? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabs123)
    what did u get at gcse and what are u predicted if u don't mind me askin? x
    8 A* and 3 As at GCSE

A*A*AA at A-level

I got an A in maths AS last year. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StratocasterF50)
    8 A* and 3 As at GCSE

A*A*AA at A-level

I got an A in maths AS last year. Hope this helps!
    OMG wow congrats!! That's amazin

ReputationRep:
    Recently received an unconditional for Economics too! I got 3A*s 4As and 3Bs at GCSE, predicted A*AA at A-levels and last year got A in As Maths and a B in As Physics.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.