Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I applied for student finance and it is still pending, i have given them proof of long residency yet they still think its not enough. they're asking about my visa status from 2014-2015 but at that time my visa was being dealt with by the home office and i was granted a discretionary leave to remain based on human rights due to my dads health condition and the fact that i have spent half my life in the UK already (i was 10 when i came here and i am now 20).
    what do i do, any help would be appreciated, thank you.
    also, i have provided them all my primary, secondary and college education reports and certificates but apparently that is still not enough
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AN_9)
    Hi,
    I applied for student finance and it is still pending, i have given them proof of long residency yet they still think its not enough. they're asking about my visa status from 2014-2015 but at that time my visa was being dealt with by the home office and i was granted a discretionary leave to remain based on human rights due to my dads health condition and the fact that i have spent half my life in the UK already (i was 10 when i came here and i am now 20).
    also, i have provided them all my primary, secondary and college education reports and certificates but apparently that is still not enough
    Sorry to see that you have not had a response to this. I have asked for your thread to be moved to Ask Student Finance England

All the best
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AN_9)
    Hi,
    Hi AN_9,

I do appreciate your situation that you have already sent a lot of evidence regarding your long residency

Students applying under the long residence category will also need to:
    • be ordinarily resident in England on the first day of the first AY of their course;
    • have been ordinarily and lawfully resident in the UK and Islands throughout the 3 year period preceding the first day of the first AY of their course

This is why you will be asked for Home Office evidence of your status. Students will need to provide evidence of their status in the UK.

If you have no original Home Office documents or letters confirming your status or confirmation of your application that you say was with the Home Office at the time, you can request that we undertake a Home Office Check.

To request this you can send a signed and dated, handwritten letter, with your name and customer reference number advising us of these facts and requesting that we undertake a home office check on your behalf, as you have no other evidence you can provide.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.