Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering applying to Worcester for psychology.

The course looks great, the people were really friendly on the open day and I liked that it was quite small. It also seems to be doing quite well in league tables but I feel like there must be a catch.

The entry requirements are only a BBC whereas for the others I've been to the entry requirements are AAB or AAA. I don't want to let the low grades required bother me but I'm just worried as to why they're so low compared to other unis. Does anyone have any ideas??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue tak)

The course looks great, the people were really friendly on the open day and I liked that it was quite small. It also seems to be doing quite well in league tables but I feel like there must be a catch.

The entry requirements are only a BBC whereas for the others I've been to the entry requirements are AAB or AAA. I don't want to let the low grades required bother me but I'm just worried as to why they're so low compared to other unis. Does anyone have any ideas??
    it could be simply they don't get that many applicants and the course is still decent, it really does sound like theres a catch though. check out the ratings from the students- how happy they were. if they were happy then it should be a good course since you've already visited them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue tak)

I'm currently studying Psychology there (in the first year) and tbh I think the entry grades are low because it's quite a new University that lacks a real prominent background so cannot have those high grade boundaries. I'm enjoying the course so far.. I can't really see differences between my course and others atm.. I mean the BPS wants a Psych course to teach certain topics and skills anyway so I'm no longer bothered I ended up in my insurance. I think a lot of people think the best Uni's are at the top of those league tables and are old, Russell Group and have history... I think that's such an outdated outlook when I think on it. I'm not saying all Uni's lower in the league table are really good.. or bad... just that if a University suits you then it should be good enough (you still get that degree after all).

If you have any questions I'm willing to try answering some?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.