Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is having sex in the dark/under the covers common? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I plan on having sex under the covers/in the dark.

I want to do it so I don't see anything. (I hate semen)

Is that a common thing to do?

I saw it on AMerican Pie so I know it happens.
    I've also read about women wanting sex in the dark.

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure that happens
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Why would you not want to see your partner during sex though. Tbh the visual aspect is very important for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catsarefamily)

So... You like pie? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its common.

However, if you only ever have sex in the dark, your partner will eventually question you.

To prevent him questioning you, buy glow in the dark condoms, they're much fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    So... You like pie? :sexface:
    Yes, I like pies, apple pie!

(Original post by utr)
    Yeah its common.

However, if you only ever have sex in the dark, your partner will eventually question you.

Sex normally happens at night,
    I also want to have sex with condoms only too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, normally it does.

But what would you do in a hypothetical situation if he approached you in the early evening for sex? Tell him to wait?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Why would you not want to see your partner during sex though. Tbh the visual aspect is very important for me
    I don't want to see muscus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utr)
    Yeah, normally it does.

But what would you do in a hypothetical situation if he approached you in the early evening for sex? Tell him to wait?
    I have no idea. I have no idea how often I even want to have sex. I might tell her that I just want to cuddle.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea. I have no idea how often I even want to have sex. I might tell her that I just want to cuddle.

Apologies, I wrongly presumed your gender.

Just don't rush it, it'll all happen when you're both ready.

ReputationRep:

what if u end up with fingers in her butt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michael spearing)
    what if u end up with fingers in her butt
    Oh my gosh, no! That's disgusting and sick!

ReputationRep:
    oh my gosh, no! That's disgusting and sick!
    well, no what if she likes it? and it could be a honest mistake when ur in pitch black

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Spearing)
    well, no what if she likes it? and it could be a honest mistake when ur in pitch black
    Um, nope, it's not happening.... I know what the human body looks and feels like as I have one. The only thing that would be happening is sex under the covers on while laying on our backs.

Um, nope, it's not happening.... I know what the human body looks and feels like as I have one. The only thing that would be happening is sex under the covers on while laying on our backs.
    How do you do it when you're both on your backs? Wouldn't you be laying side by side? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by utr)
    Yeah its common.

Reminds me of a joke....

A husband and wife have sex in the dark for 2 years

One night the wife turns on the light and says to her husband, "Explain the dildo". To which he replies, "explain the 3 kids".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How do you do it when you're both on your backs? Wouldn't you be laying side by side? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    I'm talking about normal sex, missionary.

ReputationRep:
    silly question how old are you. your only want sex at night with no lights safe sex excellent and just the missionary position.plus no question of touching. its clear youve never had sex.

to start when you have a partner just cuddle and take your time learning its never good the first time. ps secretions are not disgusting.

ReputationRep:

You naughty boy Jameson getting under the covers all night. How normil. Try doing it in a wachenmachen next time. 10/10 would spin again

ReputationRep:
    You're perfectly normal for what you want, although you sound like you have a lot of rules which is likely to be a turn off. Sure, insist on using a condom as that's just common sense and healthy. However, limiting yourself to in the dark, under the covers, only one position is likely to make it more difficult for you. You'll probably find it gets boring and your partner gets bored too. You seem to think sex is pretty systematic and only one way to do it.

Unfortunately, sex can get messy and it's something you'll have to "look at" at some point. Maybe you aren't ready to have sex until you become more understanding that you can't control every aspect of it. Missionary isn't the "normal" position, and there isn't such a thing as "normal" sex and plenty of sex happens in the daytime too which isn't "abnormal". The covers can also get in the way of things too.

However, you're perfectly entitled to having your wants when it comes to sex, but it might be worth having a little wiggle room so you don't turn a lot of potential partners away.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.