Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OK so currently in year 12 and considering oxbridge for uni. However, really only want to go to oxford as i live very close to Cambridge and don't really want to be close to home for uni. Question is don't know if my results are good enough as i heard anything below 80% a* is instant rejection. MY GCSE are as follows:
    English lang: 9 (Distinction)
    English lit: 8
    Maths:7
    French IGCSE: A*
    History: A*
    Physics: A*
    Bio:A
    Chem:A
    Japanese:A
    Electronics: A
    I know they're decent but as i said not sure if they're good enough.
    In terms of predictions im studying IB and am so far predicted 41 points. (based on data calculated, GCSE, baseline mocks)

Any chance ? p.s. wanting to study HIstory

ReputationRep:
    Definitely a chance! Your GCSEs are taken into context as to which school they were taken at and and other circumstances surrounding them. They definitely don't just instantly reject you for not having straight A*s. You got very good English and History grades, which I think would be the main concern. Having an IB prediction that high is definitely worth trying with!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaraStudying)
    Definitely a chance! Your GCSEs are taken into context as to which school they were taken at and and other circumstances surrounding them. They definitely don't just instantly reject you for not having straight A*s. You got very good English and History grades, which I think would be the main concern. Having an IB prediction that high is definitely worth trying with!
    ok thank you!, in terms of context i mean i went to state ( comprehensive) school but don't really know if that means anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FREDERlCK)
    ok thank you!, in terms of context i mean i went to state ( comprehensive) school but don't really know if that means anything
    Generally unis look at the schools average GCSE grades apparently. If you're significantly higher than that then you've got a good chance.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.