Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really want to study physics at uni but my 3rd a level is sociology (along with the obvious maths and physics). I did do chemistry for AS but got a D. How much of a disadvantage would this be during applications? I'm predicted AAB on UCAS and looking to apply for unis in the AAA - ABB range. If it will be a big disadvantage how could I make up for it on my personal statement? I'm thinking of studying the further maths textbook indepently in my own time anyway to prepare for doing physics at uni. Should I include this?

ReputationRep:
    Anything thats to help you with physics that goes beyond your A levels is definitely worth mentioning. I don't think your D in chemistry will be too bad, considering you've dropped it because you've recognised it's not a strength. Sociology is very different to maths and physics, so it could be good in a way as it gives you a different skill set.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    universities don't care what that 3rd a level is so long as you have achieved well
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.