Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I'm not sure about whether I should do computer science at Middlesex (3 years) or Queen Mary but with a foundation year ( 4 years).
    I'm already in my 3rd year of a levels so I'll be 23 when I finish if I take the foundation year at Queen Mary.This is the reason why I don't want to do it.But Queen Mary is the better university.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8bitmushroom)
    Hi everyone,
    I'm not sure about whether I should do computer science at Middlesex (3 years) or Queen Mary but with a foundation year ( 4 years).
    I'm already in my 3rd year of a levels so I'll be 23 when I finish if I take the foundation year at Queen Mary.This is the reason why I don't want to do it.But Queen Mary is the better university.
    I wouldn't really be worried about how old you'll be when you graduate. I was almost 23 myself and it didn't bother me at all.

You should compare the module content at each uni and see which one interests you the most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I wouldn't really be worried about how old you'll be when you graduate. I was almost 23 myself and it didn't bother me at all.

You should compare the module content at each uni and see which one interests you the most.
    Thanks for the reply.If you don't mind me asking, did you do computer science as well and if so where did you do it?
    I just want to know what it's like
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply.If you don't mind me asking, did you do computer science as well and if so where did you do it?
    I just want to know what it's like
    Yep, I did Computer Science at City University.

It's pretty good, you get exposed to a lot of different aspects of Computer Science. Expect a high workload but I would imagine that's the case for most STEM courses. If you decide to do a placement, that's a really good idea because the experience is priceless by the time you graduate.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    So 22 is okay to Graduate but 23 is too old?! Seriously the time will pass either way, its how you fill it. 23 is nothing, you'll have at least another 40+ years of work ahead of you. Go to QMUL.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    Hello,

I see how this could be a hard decision!
    However, if this can give a little help, I am a Middlesex student.
    I am loving my time here, there is so much to get involved in and so many great ways to make new friends.
    One of my friends did computer science and he loved it! He also did a placement at the Barnet Council and published his own app.
    Did you have a look at this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHkiWG5avzM

Additionally, did you have the chance to come for an Open Day? We are running one on the 25th of November, you can book your place here: www.mdx.ac.uk/opendays

Have a great evening!
    Ludovica

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.