Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have applied this year (already sent my UCAS form off) to Cambridge (St Catz), SOAS, Durham, Bristol (who I already have an offer from), and UCL to study Anthropology, however, I'm getting major cold feet on my application to UCL. It is highly unlikely that I will go there, as I don't really like the idea of living in London as a student very much (I am aware SOAS is a London-based uni, however it doesn't matter much to me since I love their course so much), and I am thinking that maybe I should swap it for Exeter. This particular application would be a BSc. I prefer the campus based lifestyle of Exeter, and although the course isn't as good, I feel I would have a better uni experience, plus this course would enable me to get involved with forensic anthropology, as well as engaging with the classic theories. Does anyone have any advice they could give to me regarding these unis, and which option I should take?? Would be much appreciated! As a grade reference, I am predicted A*A*A*, and only have until Wednesday 18th to swap. Thanks!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n4vyblue)
    Hello, I have applied this year (already sent my UCAS form off) to Cambridge (St Catz), SOAS, Durham, Bristol (who I already have an offer from), and UCL to study Anthropology, however, I'm getting major cold feet on my application to UCL. It is highly unlikely that I will go there, as I don't really like the idea of living in London as a student very much (I am aware SOAS is a London-based uni, however it doesn't matter much to me since I love their course so much), and I am thinking that maybe I should swap it for Exeter. This particular application would be a BSc. I prefer the campus based lifestyle of Exeter, and although the course isn't as good, I feel I would have a better uni experience, plus this course would enable me to get involved with forensic anthropology, as well as engaging with the classic theories. Does anyone have any advice they could give to me regarding these unis, and which option I should take?? Would be much appreciated! As a grade reference, I am predicted A*A*A*, and only have until Wednesday 18th to swap. Thanks!
    If you already dislike the idea of studying in London (bar SOAS, as you said) then it seems like you can't really lose by switching to Exeter, and they both sound like your 5th choices so...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.