Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Agnosticism is a statement of certainty, not a statement of belief. The overwhelming of atheists are also agnostics, they lack a belief in a god but do not actively believe that there is no possibility of one.
    Agnosticism = "I give up and I will go to bed for the next upcoming years that I live for by the will of a superior".
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragon5555)
    Agnosticism = "I give up and I will go to bed for the next upcoming years that I live for by the will of a superior".
    If you say so.

Now, do you have any more evidence for your own position other than birds and mountains?

ReputationRep:
    I believe in Satanism. Let's all kill the b!tch that is God.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragon5555)
    Do you see the birds above you? Do you see the mountains erect? Why do you ask for more and more evidence as if you have no eyes or ears to see or hear, and if you do not perhaps I won't be reaching you anyway.
    :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoliticsandP)
    There is no evidence of god. Equally, there is no evidence of a lack of god, nor will there ever be, sadly. The most rational belief is agnosticism, as we simply do not know beyond the bounds of our own mortality. Sadly ego-driven atheists often claim agnostics are 'sitting on the fence' as if choosing a position is somehow intellectually superior.
    It is possible to be both agnostic and an atheist. If I ask you "Is there any evidence of Gods existence either way?" and you answered "no" then congratulations, you're agnostic.

If I say "Do you believe in God?" And you say "no" or "I see no evidence to believe in him" or pretty much anything apart from "yes" then you are an atheist.

An anti-theist is someone who actively believes that there isn't a God and is, IMO, a stupid position to take.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeldor711)

An anti-theist is someone who actively believes that there isn't a God and is, IMO, a stupid position to take.
    Antitheism is a bit of loose term these days. In recent years it's been used more to describe a moral/philosophical opposition to religion thanks to speakers like Hitchens, rather than as a more absolute term for explicit atheism.

ReputationRep:
    Satannnnnn <3

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.