The Student Room Group

Is there any point applying to a course with an irrelevant personal statement?

I've written a personal statement that is all about maths, and have applied to 5 maths universities. I'm having second thoughts about it though and think I should withdraw one choice and put 1 chemistry choice in case I change my mind about maths in a few months time. I have no chance of getting into the choice I would withdraw so it is a bit wasted at the moment.

If I was to apply to do chemistry, would I be rejected as my personal statement is all maths related? I have 1 or 2 sentences mentioning chemistry and why I enjoy it, and the chemistry part of my reference shows my enthusiasm and ability at the subject.
Original post by JAKE682
I've written a personal statement that is all about maths, and have applied to 5 maths universities. I'm having second thoughts about it though and think I should withdraw one choice and put 1 chemistry choice in case I change my mind about maths in a few months time. I have no chance of getting into the choice I would withdraw so it is a bit wasted at the moment.

If I was to apply to do chemistry, would I be rejected as my personal statement is all maths related? I have 1 or 2 sentences mentioning chemistry and why I enjoy it, and the chemistry part of my reference shows my enthusiasm and ability at the subject.

yes it's quite likely you'd be rejected, what you can do is ask if they ll accept an alternative statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending