Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have been accepted for an interview and assessment day at Porsche next Wednesday for a apprentice vehicle technician. I have been doing my research and planning what to say to interviewers, but have been thinking bout what exactly can come up. Has anyone had experience in a their vehicle technician interviews. What questions will they ask? What will come up in the mechanical test? Will it be a group interview? What else should I know about the brand? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Do mine me asking what subjects you chose at A level ?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SK???)
    Do mine me asking what subjects you chose at A level ?
    currently doing btec business level 3

ReputationRep:
    They perhaps might ask about any extra study or qualifications you’ve gained

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SK???)
    They perhaps might ask about any extra study or qualifications you’ve gained
    True but d'you think they gonna ask pretty basic questions for the interview? asking about the brand, why i wanna do this apprenticeship, strengths, where do i see myself in 5 years stuff like that. Or will it be more complex as its Porsche?

ReputationRep:
    Yh true they’ll try and see if you have any passion and enthusiasm

ReputationRep:
    I’m only no expert but I just know a bit since i knee this guy who went to do an apprenticeship with rolls Royce ( only in year 12 so sorry . )

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any specific knowledge on this but some general advice would be to just ring up/email and ask what competencies (skills) are being tested for at the interview assuming it's a competency based interview. They may or may not give you extra information which could help you. You could also ask what else to expect on the day.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the advice was just wondering if anyone been to specifically to a Porsche interview. I am trying very hard to be as passionate and enthusiastic about the brand and knowing everything i can. I have been told there will be an english maths and mechanical test. They have directed me to use bbc bitesize and i'm looking at other places to revise too. I also have a Nissan interview on tuesday as well so i know i just gotta go in and chat bout the GTR

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.