The Student Room Group

How to approach crush?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by utr
Ends up with her having your number either way.

Regarding your method of communication, for some reason people can be weird around giving their numbers out but they'll openly speak to you on FB/Twitter etc, I'd use that as your backup.

That’s fair enough. But I’m very introverted and I’m wary about sharing personal details or photos, unless it’s by text message or email. Selfies are a big no no. If I text personally via iMessage or WhatsApp at least i can keep my social media stuff and my personal life stuff separate. But I guess it’s a way to get a number. However I want to ask it to her personally, because if I only do it online it gives her the impression I don’t like her enough or that I’m not confident enough to talk to her.
Original post by sophiamacdonald
dirty nonce

???
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
That’s fair enough. But I’m very introverted and I’m wary about sharing personal details or photos, unless it’s by text message or email. Selfies are a big no no. If I text personally via iMessage or WhatsApp at least i can keep my social media stuff and my personal life stuff separate. But I guess it’s a way to get a number. However I want to ask it to her personally, because if I only do it online it gives her the impression I don’t like her enough or that I’m not confident enough to talk to her.

Ah ok, that slightly changes it then. The only problem you may encounter as that in my opinion people are more obliged to give out their social media handle as opposed to the their phone number nowadays. Don't worry, I don't understand it either, I'd much rather speak to someone via the aforementioned WhatsApp like you said as well.

I agree 100% about the personal touch and I'm of the strong belief that people come away too much from the personal touch and do try and do things online (which is why I said use it as a back-up), just go for it man, worse she can say is no and if she does at least you know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending