Self Teach OCR Computer Science A Level Starting Now?

Watch this thread
CornOnTheCog
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I want to self teach another AS (maybe even whole A Level) or two before exam period because it sounds like fun. Computer science seems pretty straightforward, and looking at a past paper I could already answer a good amount of questions.

Does anyone have any tips, or more importantly a recommended text book?

Thanks !
EpicMan
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Do the AS. It's too late to bother doing the A level.
CornOnTheCog
Rep:
Okay, thanks. What are the best resources?
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CornOnTheCog)
Okay, thanks. What are the best resources?
craigndave youtube videos. completely matched to the spec so you know what you're doing.
CornOnTheCog
Rep:
(Original post by thegalaxy)
craigndave youtube videos. completely matched to the spec so you know what you're doing.
Thanks! As well as this, are there any good textbooks?
e49877
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CornOnTheCog)
Thanks! As well as this, are there any good textbooks?
PG Online OCR A Level Computer Science. The best textbook for OCR A-Level CS in my opinion.
ns_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Wouldn't the whole A-level require a NEA (non-exam assessment) which would be hard, if not impossible, to do if self-administered?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
34.83%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.73%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
10.11%

Watched Threads