Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has your personality changed? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im 16, fairly quiet, not very outgoing. As you’ve grown older, from personal life experiences, have you changed at all? Become more outgoing, or less? Thank you!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi1243)
    Im 16, fairly quiet, not very outgoing. As you’ve grown older, from personal life experiences, have you changed at all? Become more outgoing, or less? Thank you!
    I'm 18 and I'm totally different from my 16 year old self...circumstances change, friends change, your environment changes, and you adapt to those things and gain more experiences, and as you do, you change too. I'm definitely still introverted like I was two years ago, but changes in my environment and friends and just life lessons generally mean that I'm simultaneously more outgoing and can be extroverted too when needs be x

ReputationRep:
    Only slightly. Outlook and behaviour have changed more.

One usually becomes more confident and less shy or insecure as one grows older.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm in my 30s and was exactly like you when I was 16. As cliche as it sounds 'it does get better' as you get older. Well it did for me and the few friends I had. You have a better grasp of your life when you enter adulthood, probably because you mature more. Or because you simply get older and at some point you say to yourself 'do I really want to be stuck in this hollow shell for the rest of my life?' Especially when you know that - on par with society- certain things need to be achieved by a certain age. No one wants to finally wake up at 45 and say 'ok NOW I'm ready to make friends, mingle and try get married' because obviously at that age you have veeeeery limited optinons.

You won't do a complete 360 mind you, you're not going to suddenly go from being an introvert to an extrovert, you will simply make changes here and there and learn how to become more open minded. The things that terrify you now as a kid won't so much when you are an adult. Your mind broadens and you become more open to stepping outside your comfort zone every now and again but you'll still be the same you deep down. So don't worry

ReputationRep:
    I'm much more outgoing and outspoken, I'm not afraid to voice my opinion anymore. The things I've gone through have also meant I'm more empathetic to people as a whole and I'm more open-minded too, although I've always been kind. I can stand up for myself now and know when I'm being walked all over.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing has changed, except that I’m marginally less awkward than before. That hasn’t lead to any major changes other than the fact I don’t die of embarrassment when I come into school late.

ReputationRep:
    No

Maybe

Yes

I don't know

FFS, it's changing right no cause I'm an indecisive ****er lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.