Dotn Ever USE Dhl Watch

This discussion is closed.
sloaney87
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Ive been waiting inside on 4 different occasions now, only to call them and for them to say your package has not been loaded onto the van, we will book abother date.
I want my phone!

Can i get them to put it on a cab or something?!
frost105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Let me guess ur waiting for ur phone from o2
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sloaney87)
Ive been waiting inside on 4 different occasions now, only to call them and for them to say your package has not been loaded onto the van, we will book abother date.
I want my phone!

Can i get them to put it on a cab or something?!
Contact the sender and let them know that you don't want the product anymore (and won't accept delivery or pay for it) if it doesn't arrive at whatever time you personally want it (say tomorrow afternoon). The sender is the person paying DHL and is therefore the person able to withold payment for unsatisfactory service and is therefore more likely to get DHL to do what they should have done in the first place.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Contact the sender and let them know that you don't want the product anymore (and won't accept delivery or pay for it) if it doesn't arrive at whatever time you personally want it (say tomorrow afternoon). The sender is the person paying DHL and is therefore the person able to withold payment for unsatisfactory service and is therefore more likely to get DHL to do what they should have done in the first place.
Trust me that so didnt work for me! I've been with o2 for 3 years and the only problem i've had was getting my new phone. This time it took 3 weeks. DHL lost it once and then the other one arrived faulty and then 3 weeks later my current phone arrived!
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
Trust me that so didnt work for me! I've been with o2 for 3 years and the only problem i've had was getting my new phone. This time it took 3 weeks. DHL lost it once and then the other one arrived faulty and then 3 weeks later my current phone arrived!
And did you tell O2 that you wouldn't accept the phone and wouldn't pay them for it if it didn't arrive within a certain time period?

And if you did why did you accept the phone and pay for it outside of that time period?
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
And did you tell O2 that you wouldn't accept the phone and wouldn't pay them for it if it didn't arrive within a certain time period?

And if you did why did you accept the phone and pay for it outside of that time period?
During the time period the phone reduced in price and they wouldnt even refund the difference! I spoke to supervisors and managers and the policy of o2 is not to refund the price of phones-bad customer service
sloaney87
This is bloody stupid ive been waiting on hold for ages now, they didnt call back when they said they will,

can i threathen them with compensation for the 4 days ive spent at home waiting for the phone? as its in my dads name not mine...
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This is bloody stupid ive been waiting on hold for ages now, they didnt call back when they said they will,

can i threathen them with compensation for the 4 days ive spent at home waiting for the phone? as its in my dads name not mine...
You can try but they wouldnt give me anything last time. Make sure you ask to speak to supervisors and stuff cause they may help
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
During the time period the phone reduced in price and they wouldnt even refund the difference! I spoke to supervisors and managers and the policy of o2 is not to refund the price of phones-bad customer service
They can't charge you for an item that you did not recieve delivery of - especially if delivery is promised within a certain period or you contact them (verbally followed up in writing) stating that you feel delivery has taken too long and want to cancel your order.
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/nw/ind...istanceselling

7 days (AFTER you recieve the goods) to cancel the order and if they don't deliver within 30 days then they're in breach of contract and you don't have to pay a penny.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/nw/home_shopping.pdf

This goes for ANYTHING bought over the internet/phone etc (ie not bought in person from a shop)
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

When dealing with people over the phone take down the name of the person you're speaking to. Ask them how it's spelt so they know that you are writing it down.

It's amazing how dramatically customer service improves when you know who you are talking to.
sloaney87
Thanks alot pencil queen very helpful.
Ben.S.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I had exactly the same problem with a delivery from CityLink - apparently they don't have my street on their sat. nav, although I've since spotted two yellow vans making deliveries to my next-door neighbours - when I paid for priority delivery. They buggered everything up by not finding the street, not contacting me and not employing competent telepone staff. As it turned out, they missed three deliveries and wanted to send it a week after the agreed date. I took delivery of the package myself and had a go at the 'something' manager (especially after he told me that I have to 'change my attitude' - stupid jumped up little tit). I then complained to the ordering company by e-mail and managed to recover delivery costs and the cost of getting myself to their depot. Kick up a fuss - it works!

Ben
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't know about in the uk, but in the U.S. if you throw a big enough fit to the right number of people, you will always get what you want.
I work in Guest Services at a theme park and you can sit there and explain the policies and all that junk to the guest a hundred times. Then when they ask to speak with a supervisor you have to get them one. Then, half the time the supervisor undermines everything you just said by letting that person do whatever it was they wanted.
sloaney87
IVE HAD ENOUGH IM GOING ALL THE WAY TO FKIN VAUXHALL NOW TO COLLECT, and i dont have any i.d in my dads name so that might be aproblem but fck dhl and fck o2
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
IVE HAD ENOUGH IM GOING ALL THE WAY TO FKIN VAUXHALL NOW TO COLLECT, and i dont have any i.d in my dads name so that might be aproblem but fck dhl and fck o2
They won't let you, so don't bother:
- you don't have any I.D.
- even if you did have I.D. it would be in your name, not the intended recipient's
- if you show up with someone else's I.D. (your dad's), they aren't exactly going to give the package to you.

Ben
Pixelfairy #1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've just seen a DHL van up here in manchester... are you sure they've not sent it to the wrong place
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've used DHL brfore and they have always been really reliable, especially thier internet tracking service
sloaney87
They just called me up saying the phone has gone missing. This is a 500 quid phone, and some white trash scum with tatooes all over his arms with no education has probably taken it instead of delivering it.
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What phone is it? DHL delivered a digicam from GERMANY to me in four days. I'd won it on eBay, and I received the camera before they'd even payed in my cheque. I bought a new phone online from mobilefun.co.uk and had it sent next day via Royal Mail Special Delivery. It came in three days as they had a problem with payment. It, however was dispatched from Birmingham at five PM the day after I paid and it was on my doorstep in Wrexham at midday the next day. So, some deliveries do work. I just hope your delivery was insured.....
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (985)
79.37%
Leave (256)
20.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed